Beattyvile Ky. Places Hope On Trump

May 2012
By the wall
If Trump does manage to bring a ton of jobs it will make all this other stuff the left is whining about disappear.

All he has to do is nail the big issues that really do affect people and all will be good and on that mark he seems to be on the right track so far.

May 2012
By the wall
If they cared about jobs, they would have learned a new skill. But no, they are resting their jobs on a dying industry and a con man
Kind of hard now that college is so unaffordable and the democrats never addressed it during their eight years in office.

They were more concerned making sure adult males can share restrooms with little girls.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
I would care more about working if I did not have a job...eating is a bare basic we all need. I saw this on CNN the other night and these folks are going to be very disappointed...again. Trump only cares about shock drama that puts him in the news. His focus is international...and a pending world war III. IMO, jobs are more important than travel bans and immigration at this point.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Issue is fewer kids are planning on going to college so we are going to need something new.

"..But that doesn’t mean more kids are going to college. Quite the opposite. Recently released numbers out of the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center suggests that college-enrollment rates have actually decreased—and for the fourth straight year, all despite massive increases in federal aid for students who can’t afford tuition."

https://www.theatlantic.com/educati...e-are-all-the-high-school-grads-going/423285/

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
If they cared about jobs, they would have learned a new skill. But no, they are resting their jobs on a dying industry and a con man
If you watched the documentary on CNN...there were other industries that closed and moved. You can train all you want...but if there is no place to use your skills, it really is pointless.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I would care more about working if I did not have a job...eating is a bare basic we all need. I saw this on CNN the other night and these folks are going to be very disappointed...again. Trump only cares about shock drama that puts him in the news. His focus is international...and a pending world war III. IMO, jobs are more important than travel bans and immigration at this point.
Our local paper has said that high school kids signing up for the military has skyrocketed just in the last few months. I think they see a built up military and maybe being able to afford college. A way out or to learn a skill.

May 2012
By the wall
I would disagree.

I think Trumps focus is almost entirely domestic and that he doesn't care much at all about international politics outside of what we gain at home from it.

A world war would not benefit him in the slightest so why would he ever want to pursue that?