Beautiful ladies of Soviet cinema

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You know, I have seen people even here on PH, before, stereotype Soviet women as these fat, grotesque creatures, based on crap like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CaMUfxVJVQ
Some folks were shocked when I posted all these pics of hot women from modern Russia and other republics lol

But, the fact is, women there were gorgeous back then also. I will prove it to you. Here is my list of most beautiful actresses in Communist-era cinema.

1. The first and foremost, the original number one lady of the big screen over there, of course, the unforgettable Lyubov Orlova

This daughter of aristocrats (her mother was related to the Tolstoys!) was nonetheless thrive and live a glamorous Hollywood-like lifestyle, in the otherwise grim realities of the early Soviet decades.

How she managed it, nobody really knows. There have been rumours of an affair with Stalin himself. I wouldn't be surprised, he had many mistresses...

And she was a beautiful woman then.

Here, with Red Army troops at the front lines during WWII

She continued to act, and maintained her looks well into advanced age

Some consider her the pioneer of plastic surgery among Russian actresses lol

2. Natalya Varley, who starred, in 1967, in Soviet cinema's most famous romantic comedy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping,_Caucasian_Style

Today, at 70, her best years are long behind her, but she continues to act in theatre and still has many devoted fans

and also her close nit family, here back in 2015, sending her grandson off to the Army in the draft
http://diletant.media/upload/medialibrary/561/5612f66d298d86d23efa9b394ef69759.jpeg

3. Svetlana Svetlichnaya, who starred in The Diamond Arm where she performed arguably the hottest scene ever, somehow, permitted by the censors back then
[video=youtube;T61R1GdP6YE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61R1GdP6YE[/video]
In a 2015 interview, Svatlichnaya said the scene was allowed out onto soviet screens, only because Brezhnev himself (after a personal early screening, the privilege of all the General Secretaries back then) liked it lol And liked her, probably: Светлана СветличнаÑ: "Сцену Ñо мной в "Бриллиантовой руке" оÑтавили Ð±Ð»Ð°Ð³Ð¾Ð´Ð°Ñ€Ñ Ð‘Ñ€ÐµÐ¶Ð½ÐµÐ²Ñƒ" - Газета «ФÐКТЫ»

That one role, and that green bikini (no Soviet actress had EVER before appeared in a bikini on screen, btw) instantly made Svetlichnaya a Soviet sex icon, an object of fantasies of many men (including my father, self admitted lmfao); and even today, at 77, she continues to unabashedly demonstrate her still shapely legs and show the young Moscow girls how its done

haha

4. Although, actually, I am wrong, Svetlichnaya was NOT the very first woman to wear a bikini on camera over there, that would truly be Natalya Seleznyova

Seleznyova even, years later, did a photoshoot in that red swimsuit lol

But, Svetlichnaya and her green bikini are still remembered much more... I suppose it was a much briefer scene, and it wasn't overtly sexual, like with Svetlichnaya who did a whole strip dance lmao

5. Barbara Brylska, the gorgeous Polish actress, who co-starred in USSR's most beloved New Year holiday movie in 1975 (see here: http://politicalhotwire.com/lounge/183895-favorite-christmas-movies.html)

6. Lyudmila Gurchenko, very popular Russian (by post-Soviet citizenship) and Ukrainian (by birth) actress and singer

She died in 2011... Many, myself included, think it is for the best, for her. Her heart would have bled today, to see the conflict between Moscow and Kiev, Russians and Ukrainians cursing each other online and shooting at each other in the Donbass. Russia and Ukraine were both her one Motherland. She would have hated all this...

Anyway, that's it, for now.

Will add more to this thread, if think of more.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
For some reason, Russia produces some of the most gorgeous women on the planet yet hardly a man to match them. Why is that?
lol True, many unattractive men over there. Though, with the obesity epidemic and such in America, you are one to talk ;) :D

We got gorgeous women over here, too.

We also have some "nasty women".

Ashley Judd comes to mind...
I suppose so. Though, what did she say, that was so wrong, exactly?

Jul 2014
midwest
lol True, many unattractive men over there. Though, with the obesity epidemic and such in America, you are one to talk ;) :D

She described herself as a "nasty woman".

I don't think she was wrong.

Pretty good description, I would say.

Sep 2012
California

I am serious. The women of Russia and most of their old USSR satellites are stunning, exotic, sexy, plain drop dead gorgeous yet can anyone think of a Russian man worthy of them? I cannot think of one handsome Russian man to match any of them. Its weird.

Jul 2014
midwest
I think you just don't like her, because she doesn't like Trump... ;)
I don't have much opinion of her either way.

After she embarrassed herself at the womans march that may have been the most I had ever seen or heard of her.

She DID describe herself as a "nasty woman" and I'll take her word for it.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I am serious. The women of Russia and most of their old USSR satellites are stunning, exotic, sexy, plain drop dead gorgeous yet can anyone think of a Russian man worthy of them? I cannot think of one handsome Russian man to match any of them. Its weird.
Russia has good looking men too, give me a break.

Filipp Gazmanov, for example

He competed in gymnastics, I believe, though now, mostly just models.

Gets a lot of his looks, I think, from his dad, Oleg Gazmanov, a famous singer

Dude is 66, but keeps himself in amazing shape, mainly through rigorous boxing workouts

He has always been known for his energetic style of performances, and he still continues that way
[video=youtube;StkhHKCG30M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StkhHKCG30M[/video]
I fucking hope I can do saltos like that when I'm in my 60s... lmao I admire that dude, I say that honestly...

I don't have much opinion of her either way.

After she embarrassed herself at the womans march that may have been the most I had ever seen or heard of her.

She DID describe herself as a "nasty woman" and I'll take her word for it.
Ok, we can leave it at that :)