Benny Hinn Rebukes Prosperity Preachers: 'It's an Offense to the Holy Spirit to Put a Price on the Gospel'

Apr 2012
It is good to see Hin has a teachable spirit and listens to God. It is time preachers stop looking at money and look to God

Benny Hinn Rebukes Prosperity Preachers: 'It's an Offense to the Holy Spirit to Put a Price on the Gospel'

"The lid is off," says Benny Hinn. The televangelist says he's been sick of the prosperity gospel for a while, and now he's speaking out about it.
A video posted Sept. 3 shows the preacher denouncing the prosperity gospel as "an offense to the Holy Spirit."
"I'm sorry to say prosperity has gone a little crazy," Hinn says. "And I'm correcting my own theology, and you need to all know it, because when I read the Bible now, I don't see it with the same eyes I saw it 20 years ago."
Hinn says Charisma CEO Stephen Strang asked him last year if he wanted to go public with it, but Hinn initially told him, "Not totally, because I don't want to hurt my friends and my love, who believe things I don't believe in."
But now Hinn isn't holding back.
"I believe it's an offense to the Lord, it's an offense to say, 'Give $1,000,'" he says. "I think it's an offense to the Holy Spirit to put a price on the gospel. I'm done with it. I will never again ask you to give $1,000 or whatever amount, because I believe the Holy Ghost is just fed up with it."
Hinn says this theology hurts the gospel.
"I'm making this statement for the first time in my life, and frankly, I don't care what people think of me anymore," he says.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious

Time will tell if Benny Hinn is really repentant for all the false prosperity gospel and for all the fake healing services where he convinced so many people to give their money for fraudulence.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
"American Gospel" is a good informative movie about the prosperity preachers and the prosperity Gospel. I recommend it for Christians. Or if anyone wants to know.

Apr 2012
"American Gospel" is a good informative movie about the prosperity preachers and the prosperity Gospel. I recommend it for Christians. Or if anyone wants to know.
At least Benny Hinn is showing he sees the error of the ways of some preachers. I think it is great he is speaking out and taking a stand for what is right.