Bernie Sanders Says Trump Voters Not ‘Deplorables,’ HRC Democrats to Blame for loss.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Donald Trump supporters are not racist “deplorables” and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party are to blame for November’s shock election defeat: So said Clinton’s defeated primary challenger Sen. Bernie Sanders during a rally in Boston Friday night.

In a comment seized upon by the Trump campaign, Clinton famously said in September that half of Trump’s supporters were “deplorables,” a comment which she almost immediately said she regretted.

Appearing alongside Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sanders said Friday that to simply write off Trump supporters was to fail to understand the issues affecting them—and the Democratic Party.
“When we are competing against a right-wing extremist party who has an agenda that most Americans soundly and roundly disagree with, how in God’s name do they win elections?" he said. "And the reason is, in my view, is that the time is well overdue for fundamental restructuring of the Democratic Party."
Bernie Sanders Says Trump Voters Not ?Deplorables,? Hillary Clinton Democrats to Blame for Election Loss

this coming from a man that thinks he's too good to even join the party he seeks to transform? His meddling in the affairs of a party he doesn't even belong to contributed to Democrats losing too. Hillary did not say that all of the Trump supporters are racist. She did not say that they were all "deplorable". What she said actually turns out to be factually accurate.

Don't get me wrong. What Sanders says about Dems does have merit. I'd just add that one of the other problems the Dems have, in addition to his valid claims, is they allow him to run his fucking mouth without telling him he's not even a member of the party. So until he decides to become one he needs to stfu about the party and worry about his own.

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I agree.

Bernie needs to STFU about telling the truth about why the Democrats lost.

The Democrats need to keep doubling down on fail.

Reactions: 3 people

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
Donald Trump supporters are not racist “deplorables” and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party are to blame for November’s shock election defeat: So said Clinton’s defeated primary challenger Sen. Bernie Sanders during a rally in Boston Friday night.

In a comment seized upon by the Trump campaign, Clinton famously said in September that half of Trump’s supporters were “deplorables,” a comment which she almost immediately said she regretted.

Appearing alongside Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sanders said Friday that to simply write off Trump supporters was to fail to understand the issues affecting them—and the Democratic Party.
Bernie Sanders Says Trump Voters Not ?Deplorables,? Hillary Clinton Democrats to Blame for Election Loss

this coming from a man that thinks he's too good to even join the party he seeks to transform? His meddling in the affairs of a party he doesn't even belong to contributed to Democrats losing too. Hillary did not say that all of the Trump supporters are racist. She did not say that they were all "deplorable". What she said actually turns out to be factually accurate.

Don't get me wrong. What Sanders says about Dems does have merit. I'd just add that one of the other problems the Dems have, in addition to his valid claims, is they allow him to run his fucking mouth without telling him he's not even a member of the party. So until he decides to become one he needs to stfu about the party and worry about his own.
You've got an issue with free speech? You seem to be fine with criticizing Republicans. Why do you think you should talk but he shouldn't?