Beto O'Rourke attempts to reboot campaign on 'The View,' bemoans his 'privilege' and 'elitist' campaign launch

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Beto O'Rourke attempts to reboot campaign on 'The View,' bemoans his 'privilege' and 'elitist' campaign launch

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-Texas, tried rebooting his 2020 campaign on "The View"Tuesday, admitting that he made some missteps in his initial launch earlier in 2019.

O'Rourke specifically indicated he regretted saying he "sometimes" raised his son, and that his Vanity Fair cover "reinforced" the perception that he was privileged.

When co-host Joy Behar asked if he thought the Vanity Fair cover looked "elitist," O'Rourke nodded his head.

"Yeah, I think it reinforces that perception of privilege." He also clarified that he wasn't trying to say he was "just born to be in" the 2020 presidential race, as Vanity Fair's headline may have suggested.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Beto trying to appease the gods of identity politics and left wing tastemakers, Problem for beto has become his twin, mayor pete, has a minority status claim beto can't beat.

Nov 2010
Massachusetts
Oh Jesus, here we go with this bullshit. “Woke-ism” will not win a national election. If that’s what you’re appealing to, Beto, you already lost.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I still have never understood how he mentally drifted from "damn, can't beat Ted Cruz during a blue wave" to "I can be president!"

Yes it was Texas and yes I don't blame him for not wanting to bash his head against exactly the same wall as before.

But what's happened instead is just pathetic. He should withdraw now and maybe campaign for a U.S. House seat. Or just go away.

Jul 2014
midwest
His popularity and standing in the polls seems to have decreased dramatically in the past few weeks.

He was the guy of the minute, then it was Mayor Pete, now it seems to be Biden.

Next week...who knows?

Poor guy, having to resort to self loathing because of his whiteness, richness, and straightness...