Beto rocked by high school mix tape scandal!

May 2013
Boise, ID
:lol:
IOWA CITY, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—The nascent Presidential campaign of Beto O’Rourke took a serious hit on Friday with the leak of a high-school-era mixtape by the candidate that included a song by REO Speedwagon.

The mixtape, which prominently featured the song “Keep on Loving You,” sent shockwaves through the O’Rourke campaign, forcing the candidate to address the controversy on the hustings.

“In my youth, I put a song on a mixtape that I deeply regret adding,” O’Rourke told a stunned crowd at an Iowa City diner. “REO Speedwagon does not represent who I am.”

The Democratic strategist Tracy Klugian cautioned that O’Rourke’s apology might not have put the mixtape scandal to rest.

“If that’s the only tape out there, then Beto moves on from this,” he said. “But if a mixtape comes out with Air Supply on it, he’s done.”
Beto O’Rourke Rocked by Scandal as High-School Mixtape Appears to Include REO Speedwagon

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Fuck that Borowitz! REO Speedwagon and Air Supply are badass.

How about Winger and White Snake? That would sell the joke/humor better.

Jan 2016
Colorado
LOL, I saw REO Speedwagon maybe 3 or 4 times very early in their career, before they hit the big time, because they were a fairly local band, from Champaign, Illinois, kind of in my neck of the woods, growing up in eastern Iowa. They gave quite a few concerts in the Quad Cities (Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island) right on the Iowa/Illinois border at that time, and the Quad Cities are only 30 miles north of my hometown, so......Same was true of Styx, another local band that made it big. Not much into EITHER of those bands nowadays, though.....

May 2013
Boise, ID
LOL, I saw REO Speedwagon maybe 3 or 4 times very early in their career, before they hit the big time, because they were a fairly local band, from Champaign, Illinois, kind of in my neck of the woods, growing up in eastern Iowa. They gave quite a few concerts in the Quad Cities (Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island) right on the Iowa/Illinois border at that time, and the Quad Cities are only 30 miles north of my hometown, so......Same was true of Styx, another local band that made it big. Not much into EITHER of those bands nowadays, though.....
That era and genre of music will probably not be remembered as rock and roll's finest hour. ;)

Jan 2016
Colorado
That era and genre of music will probably not be remembered as rock and roll's finest hour. ;)
Rock and roll went seriously downhill in the mid-1970's, with all of those arena rock bands.....UGH!

The great bands of the 1960's.....The Allman Brothers, Santana, CCR, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Traffic, The Who, the Guess Who, The Byrds, the Grateful Dead...….wow, they were SO much better!