Betsy DeVos Repeatedly Violates Court Order, Could Face Jail

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has been threatened with the possibility of jail after a judge deemed she was violating a court order for continuing to collect student debts on a now-defunct school.
That ruling, handed down in June of 2018, was made by U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim and prevented DeVos and her Department of Education for going after former students at the bankrupt Corinthian Colleges Inc.

May 2012
By the wall
If she broke a law then punish her.

Not sure why this is worthy of it's own thread.

Sep 2016
My own world
Please I'd love for Mrs privileges to spend one or two nights in a proper jail. I think they should be doing that with the
other cabinet secretaries who have failed to do what was ordered by law. I'd throw Stephen Miller in there too even
though he is not a cabinet secretary.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world
What I don't understand is how her bro Erik (Blackwater Boy) has stayed out of jail.
DAMN what a trashy family .. Papa DeVos must be so proud! :smirk:

The very rich, the billionaires, most of them see themselves as rulers of the peasants. Having said that there are 204 people world wide that have signed the pledge to give away half their wealth either during their life time or upon their death.Their combined wealth is over a trillion dollars. Think about that 204 people and a trillion dollars. The thing is that it's not a contract and there really is no way to find out if they have lived up to the pledge or in this case died up to the pledge.

*No one in Trump's administration has made the pledge. Enough said.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has been threatened with the possibility of jail after a judge deemed she was violating a court order for continuing to collect student debts on a now-defunct school.
That ruling, handed down in June of 2018, was made by U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim and prevented DeVos and her Department of Education for going after former students at the bankrupt Corinthian Colleges Inc.

She deserves to spend some time in jail. 16,000 times? WTF?

However, Kim said she was "astounded" to discover that DeVos was violating the court order at a hearing in San Francisco on Monday after a filing by the Education Department earlier disclosed that more than 16,000 former students at Corinthian College "were incorrectly informed at one time or another ... that they had payments due on their federal student loans."

Reactions: jorae and Friday13
Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Current Events