Biden, Harris and Buttigieg rack up donations from Wall Street bankers

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Will this hurt them? Will Warren and Sanders benefit?

Executives at Wall Street’s biggest banks have begun throwing financial support to their early favorites in the 2020 Democratic presidential field: Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg.

All three candidates combined to receive contributions during the second quarter from at least 15 bank executives from Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup and Bank of America, according to Federal Election Commission records.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, the other top candidates in the field of 20-plus, have set the tone in the campaign by calling for breaking up big banks and eliminating tax loopholes that favor the wealthy

Biden, Harris and Buttigieg rack up donations from big bank executives on Wall Street

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
GOOD!!!

Do you realize the money in the Republican war chest? Sure, it's fantastic to make a pledge to eschew all corporate $$ -- and that's a serious issue that needs to be addressed by a Dem majority -- but for the time being, win.

Win first.
Reform later.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
The corporate establishment at work. Good example of what the two parties have in common...

Reactions: bajisima
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The corporate establishment at work. Good example of what the two parties have in common...
I would think Warren and Sanders will go after them for this. Maybe not yet but when it gets whittled down to the final 6 or so. It did seem to have effect on Hillary when Bernie did it.

Reactions: Jets
May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
I have no problem with Warren. I think she's a relevant candidate. Bernie however can kiss my ass's ass. He has no business in the Dem field.

Whereas Warren does have plans to back up her sweeping ideas (albeit far-fetched and mostly un-achievable), Bernie is more of a dilittente. And a Dem of convenience.

That said, I'd still vote for him if he prevails.