Biden, Harris and Warren in a statistical tie atop New Hampshire poll

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Former Vice President Joe Biden has a narrow lead over the field of Democratic contenders in New Hampshire, but Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) have surged into contention for the top spot in the first-in-the-nation primary state, according to a new poll released Monday.

The latest survey from Saint Anselm College finds Biden at 20.8 percent support among likely Democratic voters in New Hampshire, a 2-point drop from April.

Biden is followed closely by Harris at 17.5 percent support and Warren at 16.7 percent. The figures mark a 10-point jump for Harris and an 8-point jump for Warren.
Biden, Harris and Warren in a statistical tie atop New Hampshire poll

the only people paying attention to polls are political junkies and the campaigns themselves. We're so far out from the elections. Still it's fun to watch Harris and Warren slowly chip away at the Biden front-runner status. You know. Fun for political junkies.

Jun 2014
United States
Odd that Bernie isn't leading the pack in New Hampshire. I suspect that's because the gains that Warren and Harris have made have come primarily from Sanders supporters jumping ship.

Biden - 20.8%
Harris - 17.5%
Warren - 16.7%
Buttigeig - 11.5%
Sanders - 9.9%

Andrew Yang has seen the most movement, rising to 4.9%, but that's within the margin of error, so it's still effectively 0%.

Reactions: the watchman
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Yang seems to be getting a lot of support from the college crowd here. His rallies are really gaining some steam. I dont think he will come close to the top but I do think he could make it pretty far. As far as NH goes, I can say that Tom Steyer is the only one running ads so far here. Its insane, they are on at least twice an hour every channel and on the radio.

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jan 2016
Colorado
Odd that Bernie isn't leading the pack in New Hampshire. I suspect that's because the gains that Warren and Harris have made have come primarily from Sanders supporters jumping ship.

Biden - 20.8%
Harris - 17.5%
Warren - 16.7%
Buttigeig - 11.5%
Sanders - 9.9%

Andrew Yang has seen the most movement, rising to 4.9%, but that's within the margin of error, so it's still effectively 0%.
It's got to be statistically significant that Beto O'Rourke has fallen from 6% in April to 0% in this latest poll...….:nerd:

Reactions: bajisima

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
If Warren drops, Harris will be the nominee. If Harris drops, Warren will be the nominee. Biden only gets in if both go the distance. Bernie is done.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
It's got to be statistically significant that Beto O'Rourke has fallen from 6% in April to 0% in this latest poll...….:nerd:
He is just an oddball. He went on one of those electric scooters here while campaigning over the weekend and from what I hear, it was a "Dukakis in the tank" moment!

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jan 2016
Colorado

Biden - 20.8%
Harris - 17.5%
Warren - 16.7%
Buttigeig - 11.5%
Sanders - 9.9%

Sanders does seem to be dropping in the polls, and I kind of expected that. I think he was firmly in second when Biden first jumped into the race, and here he is now, in fifth. And I think you're right that Warren in particular has been siphoning off his voters.