Biden: I wasn't ready for Kamala Harris to attack me that way

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Her aid should have been fired for that. It is their job to protect politicians from stupidity photo ops. The aid should have told her, "Put your comb away dumbass, I will get you a fork. LOL
He probably was. Klobuchar is so abusive to her staff that she has one of, if not the highest, staff turnover rates in the Senate. How Amy Klobuchar Treats Her Staff
"She was known to throw office objects in frustration, including binders and phones, in the direction of aides, they said. Low-level employees were asked to perform duties they described as demeaning, like washing her dishes or other cleaning — a possible violation of Senate ethics rules, according to veterans of the chamber."

Reactions: TennesseeRain

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
He probably was. Klobuchar is so abusive to her staff that she has one of, if not the highest, staff turnover rates in the Senate. How Amy Klobuchar Treats Her Staff
"She was known to throw office objects in frustration, including binders and phones, in the direction of aides, they said. Low-level employees were asked to perform duties they described as demeaning, like washing her dishes or other cleaning — a possible violation of Senate ethics rules, according to veterans of the chamber."
You just described what every person who has worked for a lawyer has told me. LOL :) Doctors are like that as well. I was asked to leave the floor once to go fetch a cell phone a Doctor left in his car. I laughed in his face. Attorney's have the reputation for being challenging to work for. A lawyer told me once when I had enough of a certain doctor..."If it is not sexual harassment and he is treating everyone poorly...you have the right to find another job"

Reactions: Akosikojak

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
You just described what every person who has worked for a lawyer has told me. LOL :) Doctors are like that as well. I was asked to leave the floor once to go fetch a cell phone a Doctor left in his car. I laughed in his face. Attorney's have the reputation for being challenging to work for. A lawyer told me once when I had enough of a certain doctor..."If it is not sexual harassment and he is treating everyone poorly...you have the right to find another job"
I don't think that throwing things at subordinates is acceptable for anyone.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I doubt that her staff turnover rate is even in the same ball park as what we have seen at the White House in the first 29 months of the Trump Administration. He hires "all the best people", according to himself, and yet now says that former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is "dumber than a rock". The man who used to run Exxon.

I think Kellyanne Conway's violations of the Hatch Act are a tad bit more serious than some violation of Senate ethics rules, if asking an aide to clean a comb that was used to eat a salad is indeed such a violation.

Shrug.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
I don't think that throwing things at subordinates is acceptable for anyone.
You haven't seen a doctor when in a rage. One of the reasons I would never be a OR nurse is because of the surgeons. They have literally thrown a scalpel across the room and buried it in the wall. It is not acceptable at all...but rarely is there any legal recourse for it. Some professions are off limits and can conduct themselves just within the laws and do what they want.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I doubt that her staff turnover rate is even in the same ball park as what we have seen at the White House in the first 29 months of the Trump Administration. He hires "all the best people", according to himself, and yet now says that former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is "dumber than a rock". The man who used to run Exxon.

I think Kellyanne Conway's violations of the Hatch Act are a tad bit more serious than some violation of Senate ethics rules, if asking an aide to clean a comb that was used to eat a salad is indeed such a violation.

Shrug.
Do you realize that your moral compass is calibrated on Donald Trump?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Do you realize that your moral compass is calibrated on Donald Trump?
Do you realize that on the off chance that Amy Klobuchar does become the Democratic candidate, people are naturally going to be making direct comparisons between the morals and ethics of Amy and Donald?

And if you think it is Donald that comes off looking better in that comparison, I actually have a bit of pity for you.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Well, maybe you can help us all out here. What exactly IS Joe Biden's 'defense' for having praised segregationist Senators?!?
Glad to. First, Two very well known Civil Rights icons, who are both Black by the way, have come to the defense of Joe Biden. Read all about it. In addition, Congressional Black Caucus former Chairman Cedric Richmond has also defended Joe Biden. That, in and of itself, is very telling and speaks volumes that those who represent Black people up front and are so very well known do not consider Biden to be a racist.

Civil-Rights Icon John Lewis Defends Biden’s Segregationist Comments
By Laura Litvan

"Civil rights icon John Lewis weighed in to defend Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden, who is mired in a controversy involving comments he made about working cooperatively with segregationist senators in the 1970s."

Reactions: HCProf

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Glad to. First, Two very well known Civil Rights icons, who are both Black by the way, have come to the defense of Joe Biden. Read all about it. In addition, Congressional Black Caucus former Chairman Cedric Richmond has also defended Joe Biden. That, in and of itself, is very telling and speaks volumes that those who represent Black people up front and are so very well known do not consider Biden to be a racist.

Civil-Rights Icon John Lewis Defends Biden’s Segregationist Comments
By Laura Litvan
Biden is not a racist....he is old. He has not caught on to the outrage world we live in today where there is a racist behind every door. Bussing failed and Biden probably saw the future. He do have more segregation now because of bussing. People moved out of the cities who did it because they did not want to see their children go through that. I remember it and it scared the crap out of many parents. The parents also did not trust the local governments to implement it...we are not that great with projects like this and they were correct, it resulted in a fail policy.