Biden leads Trump by 'landslide proportions' in new national poll

Jan 2012
SoCal
and so , Trumptman, that all happened before your namesake was elected . Voters know about Biden along with the good and the bad. Kinda interesting how Trump , Fox News and Trump supporters are attacking Biden . What's up with that ? If he's such a flawed candidate wouldn't you want him running against Trump?
I registered for this website and had this handle before Trump ever ran for President. I didn’t vote for him. I voted for Gary Johnson and my handle stands for TRUMPETMAN minus the E because....internet spelling.

So like so many of your conclusions.... way off base.....

Voters have known about Biden and the good and bad with him which is why in his prior two attempts to run president he didn’t go far at all and went down early including 2008 when last ran. He came in fifth in Iowa and dropped out soon after.

Here is what Biden has done.... got elected really early and very young to the Senate from a very small state.

He then stayed there forever and ran for President about once every twenty years (1988, 2008 now 2020) and in the first two instances went down very early in either a bit scandalous or gaffe ridden manner.

Depending upon the list his gaffe about Obama being “clean” and “articulate” was top five gaffes of 2008.

The good will for Biden as a VP was largely because he offset Obama nicely. Obama was stern, disciplined and would deliver his speeches from the teleprompter with no mistakes but few digressions and little humor. Biden was the opposite. He was grabby, loud, a hugger and with a smile would let the occasional curse slip or empty threat or say the thing many of us wold mutter under our breath. These types of statesmen’s ....you know like how all 7/11’s are staffed by people of middle eastern descent were tolerated because again... he brought some humanity, warmth and humor to Obama and so it was a nice contrast. Obama was the stern adult, Biden the crazy uncle.

So what happens when the crazy uncle isn’t contrasted against the stern adult...

You just get a crazy uncle trying to lead the free world....

We already have that in Trump.

So the point is that it is a bad contrast....

Democrats.... we have a Trump only older, whiter, crazier and with no accomplishment real or imagined.

It’s sort of shocking how Democrats can’t see this problem.

One more issue... even if Trump’s age and views made him sound dated, old, out of touch etc... he could at least claim that those views were in the private sector.

Biden on the other hand has an extensive and long record to mine for all manner of opposition research. We are talking about a guy in public office so long he could oppose busing, could question Anita Hill, etc.

It isn’t just that was the past and this is the present for Biden....he literally is the past.

Trump has crazy hair.... Biden has actual hair plugs and transplants.....

I could go on and on....

BTW the Democrats have a huge field and lots of new faces, new ideas and honestly some pretty smart people they could pick that would create real optic problems for Trump.

The best argument for Biden is that he might out-Trump Trump which is just laughable.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
• March 1979 Carter beats Reagan 51 - 43

• March 1983 Mondale beats Reagan 47 - 41

• March 1987 Dukakis beats Bush

• March 1995 Dole beats Clinton

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I registered for this website and had this handle before Trump ever ran for President. I didn’t vote for him. I voted for Gary Johnson and my handle stands for TRUMPETMAN minus the E because....internet spelling.

So like so many of your conclusions.... way off base.....

Voters have known about Biden and the good and bad with him which is why in his prior two attempts to run president he didn’t go far at all and went down early including 2008 when last ran. He came in fifth in Iowa and dropped out soon after.

Here is what Biden has done.... got elected really early and very young to the Senate from a very small state.

He then stayed there forever and ran for President about once every twenty years (1988, 2008 now 2020) and in the first two instances went down very early in either a bit scandalous or gaffe ridden manner.

Depending upon the list his gaffe about Obama being “clean” and “articulate” was top five gaffes of 2008.

The good will for Biden as a VP was largely because he offset Obama nicely. Obama was stern, disciplined and would deliver his speeches from the teleprompter with no mistakes but few digressions and little humor. Biden was the opposite. He was grabby, loud, a hugger and with a smile would let the occasional curse slip or empty threat or say the thing many of us wold mutter under our breath. These types of statesmen’s ....you know like how all 7/11’s are staffed by people of middle eastern descent were tolerated because again... he brought some humanity, warmth and humor to Obama and so it was a nice contrast. Obama was the stern adult, Biden the crazy uncle.

So what happens when the crazy uncle isn’t contrasted against the stern adult...

You just get a crazy uncle trying to lead the free world....

We already have that in Trump.

So the point is that it is a bad contrast....

Democrats.... we have a Trump only older, whiter, crazier and with no accomplishment real or imagined.

It’s sort of shocking how Democrats can’t see this problem.

One more issue... even if Trump’s age and views made him sound dated, old, out of touch etc... he could at least claim that those views were in the private sector.

Biden on the other hand has an extensive and long record to mine for all manner of opposition research. We are talking about a guy in public office so long he could oppose busing, could question Anita Hill, etc.

It isn’t just that was the past and this is the present for Biden....he literally is the past.

Trump has crazy hair.... Biden has actual hair plugs and transplants.....

I could go on and on....

BTW the Democrats have a huge field and lots of new faces, new ideas and honestly some pretty smart people they could pick that would create real optic problems for Trump.

The best argument for Biden is that he might out-Trump Trump which is just laughable.
I most apologize. I got you mixed up with the poster who called Biden "Sleepy Joe" because your profile images are similar. Even so, I don't think my "conclusions" are otherwise off base. What's off base about saying that voters know Biden along with the good and the bad? That's not an endorsement of Biden. BTW. I haven't decided who I'll support. Even though, I'm leaning heavily towards Harris at this point. The polls out today have Biden still with a ridiculous lead given how many candidates are running. With Warren overtaking Sanders. I'm in the early stages of reading up on the candidates. And Warren by far has articulated specific plans in great detail , including how she's going to pay for them.

Now back to Biden. I'll just reaffirm that Biden is nothing like Trump. The so-called similarities you keep listing are ridiculously superficial. Trump only cares about himself. Although, you keep referencing the term "uncle" as a pejorative, it actually refers to how personable Biden is. That, admittedly, has gotten him into trouble. But, it's utterly absurd to compare that to Trump, for instance, bragging about sexually assaulting women. Similarly, Biden being prone to gaffes can't compare to Trump being deliberately obnoxious. And comparing their hair takes the cake. I can't believe you actually went there.

I will agree that Biden does have his faults. Trump will be looking for an opponent , like Hillary - no offense to her - who he can hit with negative campaigning and drive their approval rating down. Trump has even admitted that in so many words. And then, right on cue, Fox News picked up on his exact criticism. Biden is "different". He's not quite all there. Pretty much the same thing you're saying. Well, let's not forget that Biden was the VP. You're trying to use his relationship with Obama as a negative. While , others think the relationship was a positive influence on the Obama administration because , like you say, Obama tended to be a bit stern and disciplined as opposed to Biden being more down to earth. That doesn't make Biden a "crazy uncle". That characterization just shows you're completely bias against the man. Here's a list of his accomplishments as VP......Joe Biden Fast Facts - CNN

I'm on record here on PH already saying I think Biden had his chance in 2016 and he chose not to run. He had legitimate reasons. But, it is what it is. Maybe, now he's thinking he needs to step up this time. Currently, all of the major top tier Democrat candidates would beat Trump according to polling data. And, like I say, I haven't decided who I'll support yet. Chiefly, anyone that can beat Trump.

Last edited:
Jan 2012
SoCal
I most apologize. I got you mixed up with the poster who called Biden "Sleepy Joe" because your profile images are similar. Even so, I don't think my "conclusions" are otherwise off base. What's off base about saying that voters know Biden along with the good and the bad? That's not an endorsement of Biden. BTW. I haven't decided who I'll support. Even though, I'm leaning heavily towards Harris at this point. The polls out today have Biden still with a ridiculous lead given how many candidates are running. With Warren overtaking Sanders. I'm in the early stages of reading up on the candidates. And Warren by far has articulate specific plans in great detail , including how she's going to pay for them.

Now back to Biden. I'll just reaffirm that Biden is nothing like Trump. The so-called similarities you keep listing are ridiculously superficial. Trump only cares about himself. Although, you keep referencing the term "uncle" as a pejorative, it actually refers to how personable Biden is. That, admittedly, has gotten him into trouble. But, it's utterly absurd to compare that to Trump, for instance, bragging about sexually assaulting women. Similarly, Biden being prone to gaffes can't compare to Trump being deliberately obnoxious. And comparing their hair takes the cake. I can't believe you actually went there.

I will agree that Biden does have his faults. Trump will be looking for an opponent , like Hillary - no offense to her - who he can hit with negative campaigning and drive their approval rating down. Trump has even admitted that in so many words. And then, right on cue, Fox News picked up on his exact criticism. Biden is "different". He's not quite all there. Pretty much the same thing you're saying. Well, let's not forget that Biden was the VP. You're trying to use his relationship with Obama as a negative. While , others think the relationship was a positive influence on the Obama administration because , like you say, Obama tended to be a bit stern and disciplined as opposed to Biden being more down to earth. That doesn't make Biden a "crazy uncle". That characterization just shows you're completely bias against the man. Here's a list of his accomplishments as VP......Joe Biden Fast Facts - CNN

I'm on record here on PH already saying I think Biden had his chance in 2016 and he chose not to run. He had legitimate reasons. But, it is what it is. Maybe, now he's thinking he needs to step up this time. Currently, all of the major top tier Democrat candidates would beat Trump according to polling data. And, like I say, I haven't decided who I'll support yet. Chiefly, anyone that can beat Trump.
I appreciate the apology. I'll respectfully disagree with your conclusions. My similarities aren't just superficial but the American public over all is pretty superficial regardless.

Everyone can view things their own way to a degree and then there is timing and context. You say Trump sexually assaulted women. What he did is pretty unsavory. It's clear he cheats on spouses. In one form or another he often pays for his sex. It is also clear that what you call sexual assault most people would call taking advantage of groupies and anyone in entertainment circle can tell you they aren't hard to find. They literally stand around hoping for a piece of the pie. The fact Trump declares you can try the pie for free is pretty disgusting but then again...so is being a groupie in my opinion.

As for Biden and the hair of course I went there. During the campaign everyone is going to go there and much further and that is the point. There is the high brow stuff and then the low brow stuff. Trump isn't just deliberately obnoxious. He outright trolls the media and he is fantastic at it. He sucks all the oxygen out of the room, lives in people's heads rent free and gets tons of attention for it all. When he did it to the entire Republican field it was astonishing to watch. When he defeated the Clinton machine which is the most amazing political machine I've ever watched with about half the money, it was downright impossible to believe.

I watched the Clinton campaign carpetbomb Dole into oblivion with nonstop ads in 1996. In 2016 they rigged the DNC primary and basically stole all the party fundraising and diverted it to her campaign. She had $770 BILLION dollars compared to $440 billion for Trump. How did Trump make up that shortfall... he fed the media information they couldn't stop talking or obsessing over. It doesn't even matter if it is relevant, important or factual. Every second they talk about his hair, the size of his hands, the length of his tie, the size of his inauguration crowd is a second they aren't talking about someone else.

With Trump, the hardest opponent for him would honestly be someone like an AOC. She's very attractive. She knows how to get and keep the spotlight and attention on her. If her policies are wrong or impossible it doesn't really matter to people because she has good intentions and will try to honor promises in the appropriate areas. She is very, very Trump like in the opposite manner political direction. I haven't seen anyone in the Democratic field do even half as good a job as her of generating interest, energy and attention.

Biden is literally the perfect candidate for Trump to run against. Trump wants to be the outsider. Biden is the ultimate insider. He has spent his entire life in government. Trump is a billionaire. Biden was the poorest Senator. Biden can be accused of all the same problems Trump has at a superficial level.... gaffe prone, handsy, not a thinker, old, deferred from Vietnam for asthma, etc.

The Demcrats can do much, much better.....it shouldn't be so hard for them to find someone from the next generation and who represents the future of America with good energy, good policies and the ability to even out-troll Trump.