Biden warns 2020 Dems that he’s not going to be Mr. Nice Guy at the next debate

Mar 2019
Texas
Former Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday pledged not "to be as polite" at the upcoming Democratic debates after being at the center of a tense moment in the first debates when Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) went after his record on civil rights.
Speaking at a fundraiser in Detroit, Biden said “I’m not going to be as polite this time,” according to The Detroit News.

Biden: 'I'm not going to be as polite' at next debate

He also plans to tell all those rotten kids to stay off his lawn

Jan 2007
Former Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday pledged not "to be as polite" at the upcoming Democratic debates after being at the center of a tense moment in the first debates when Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) went after his record on civil rights.
Speaking at a fundraiser in Detroit, Biden said “I’m not going to be as polite this time,” according to The Detroit News.

Biden: 'I'm not going to be as polite' at next debate

He also plans to tell all those rotten kids to stay off his lawn
This should be fun to watch.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Biden will be between Harris and Booker and they arent likely to be nice to him either. I suspect at this early stage many will gang up on him to take him down a few notches at least.

Reactions: MichelleZ
May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Biden will be between Harris and Booker and they arent likely to be nice to him either. I suspect at this early stage many will gang up on him to take him down a few notches at least.
I dunno. Kamala's "stunt" worked in the short-term but didn't play out well under scrutiny. I mean, who was for forced busing? Desegregation was necessary and busing appropriate in certain regions, but it wasn't the best answer everywhere. Heck, only 40% of the black community supported busing. if we thought it was so necessary then, we ought to be doing it now as the same issue exists.

So, go after Biden for what he's actually done, which on a whole is more good than bad. Why make shit up?

Biden does need to be peppier, but who needs a cat fight? Look what happened in the GOP primary when it was just about racking up "burn" points.

Reactions: NightSwimmer
Sep 2012
California
Joe is a fighter past his prime. He looks feeble to me. I like the guy and if he wins, I will vote for him. But I think he is outmatched here. Several of the others could destroy him in a debate one on one. It's time to let go Joe.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
These debates are likely to get more cantankerous with or without Biden’s declaration.

Jan 2018
Plamer Earth
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"..Mike Tyson. So old Joe's gunna come out swinging huh? Riiiiiiiight. He is going to get smacked around like a red headed step child. He (and Pelosi) are getting a good dose of "race card smackdowns" . This is something that they used to enjoy watching, being used against others, but now that game has been turned on them and it's going to sting a bit.