Biden, Warren top latest poll of 2020 Democratic field

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) are leading the 2020 Democratic presidential field, according to a poll released Thursday.
The NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey found that 26 percent of likely primary voters support Biden, while 19 percent support Warren. Trailing those two are Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who are each backed by 13 percent.
The only other contenders who receive support from more than 1 percent of voters are South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg with 7 percent, former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke with 2 percent and former tech executive Andrew Yang with 2 percent.
Warren reportedly fares best with self-described liberals and those aged 18 to 49, while Biden is strongest among older Democrats and African Americans.

interesting. Pretty much what was expected. Warren is providing a viable alternative to Bernie. Of all of the candidates she's running the most effective campaign. That's , as in having the most policies, being able to explain them in ways the average voter can relate to, including how she intends to pay for them. Biden is only the top dog right now because of sheer name recognition. And to say his lead is dubious is a galactic understatement. But , can she beat Trump? Who knows. Either way, that's one election I , for one, would look forward to. Warren is , after all, one of the few politicians who has survived Trump's personal attacks. Trump even bragged about taking her out. Well, turns out not so much. Not so much at all. Biden is so busy pretending to be the nominee it might actually cost him the nomination. JMO.

Also....if Bernie wasn't in the race Warren would be the front runner.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
United States

interesting. Pretty much what was expected. Warren is providing a viable alternative to Bernie. Of all of the candidates she's running the most effective campaign. That's , as in having the most policies, being able to explain them in ways the average voter can relate to, including how she intends to pay for them. Biden is only the top dog right now because of sheer name recognition. And to say his lead is dubious is a galactic understatement. But , can she beat Trump? Who knows. Either way, that's one election I , for one, would look forward to. Warren is , after all, one of the few politicians who has survived Trump's personal attacks. Trump even bragged about taking her out. Well, turns out not so much. Not so much at all. Biden is so busy pretending to be the nominee it might actually cost him the nomination. JMO.

I disagree. I do wish that the Democrats had a strong candidate who wasn't quite so old (as Biden or Warren, for that matter), but Joe is the clear leader, and I doubt that either Warren, Harris or Sanders could win a general election against a normal Republican -- much less against Trump.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

She "survived" his personal attacks only in the sense that she is literally still alive. Trump trolled her into taking that DNA test and she tried to act like the result exonerated her. The media has been working overtime since then to rehab her. She was grilled harder on The Breakfast Club than by the rest of the media for months combined. She doesn't seem to handle pressure well.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree that Biden's lead is just because of name recognition. His lead is narrowing fast and his campaign should be deeply concerned.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I disagree. I do wish that the Democrats had a strong candidate who wasn't quite so old (as Biden or Warren, for that matter), but Joe is the clear leader, and I doubt that either Warren, Harris or Sanders could win a general election against a normal Republican -- much less against Trump.
Biden is barely outside of the margin of error.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
She "survived" his personal attacks only in the sense that she is literally still alive. Trump trolled her into taking that DNA test and she tried to act like the result exonerated her. The media has been working overtime since then to rehab her. She was grilled harder on The Breakfast Club than by the rest of the media for months combined. She doesn't seem to handle pressure well.
yes. It was a mistake for her to submit to providing a DNA test. But, you're completely wrong about her not being able to handle pressure. You're also complete wrong about the media working overtime to help her. She's where she is in the polls because she's earned it . The media barely even mentions her. The Breakfast Club is a big fan of Kamala Harris . That interview with Warren wasn't being "grilled". Dude was just straight up rude.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
yes. It was a mistake for her to submit to providing a DNA test. But, you're completely wrong about her not being able to handle pressure. You're also complete wrong about the media working overtime to help her. She's where she is in the polls because she's earned it . The media barely even mentions her. The Breakfast Club is a big fan of Kamala Harris . That interview with Warren wasn't being "grilled". Dude was just straight up rude.
He wasn't rude at all. She just wasn't used to being challenged like that because the shill media isn't doing their jobs.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
He wasn't rude at all. She just wasn't used to being challenged like that because the shill media isn't doing their jobs.
got examples of the media not doing their jobs? You do understand that this is the Democrat primary and the media isn't typically going to focus on the things right-wing extremist want them to. Right?

Last edited: