Biden's advisors asked Beto ORourke if he would be interested in VP

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Mmm. Not sure this is a great idea. I think many would like to see a female or person of color on the ticket...

Beto O’Rourke said Tuesday that he hasn’t ruled out being a 2020 vice presidential candidate — even as he plans to decide in the next 10 days if he’ll seek the presidency. He said his next step “may involve running for the presidency. It may involve something else.”

Advisers to former Vice President Joe Biden, who is considering a White House run of his own, said in December that they’d approached O’Rourke’s camp about his being a vice presidential candidate. O’Rourke said he’s still weighing what effect any national campaign would have on his wife and three small children.

“I want to make sure that I think that through. I won’t be limited by the end of this month, but I expect to be able to get to a decision by the end of this month,” he said.

Joe Biden’s advisers reached out to Beto O’Rourke about joining a Biden ticket

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
With all the female candidates already running Biden would actually be dumb enough to do that? So many women would be kinda pissed about that.

Reactions: bajisima
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I think this is the only viable ticket.

Everyone else is faaaaaaar too Crazy.

However, I do not believe a Biden/O'Rouke ticket can defeat Donald Trump.

Reactions: spyydrr
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
With all the female candidates already running Biden would actually be dumb enough to do that? So many women would be kinda pissed about that.
I agree. I mean its probably not a losing ticket by any means, but its a bit of an insult seeing how many women ran and won in the midterms. It could peeve some I suppose. Its a bit tone deaf honestly.

Reactions: Babba
Apr 2012
I think this is the only viable ticket.

Everyone else is faaaaaaar too Crazy.

However, I do not believe a Biden/O'Rouke ticket can defeat Donald Trump.
So foot in mouth Biden and tear down the wall O'Rourke have a chance? LOL Democrats hate and open borders is not a way to win. The hate Trump campaign will not work 2016 proved that

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
So foot in mouth Biden and tear down the wall O'Rourke have a chance? LOL Democrats hate and open borders is not a way to win. The hate Trump campaign will not work 2016 proved that
Democrat hate and open borders?
Dude, you're a joke :)

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I agree. I mean its probably not a losing ticket by any means, but its a bit of an insult seeing how many women ran and won in the midterms. It could peeve some I suppose. Its a bit tone deaf honestly.
That's one thing about Biden that bothers me. He's part of the old guard males in Congress. I think back on his statements and behavior in relation to Anita Hill and I think he's a good guy but a product of his generation. I don't think he's consciously sexist, but he may not be able to help it.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Don't run Joe .. I love ya man, but you're too damn old. Relax for now, then be ready to campaign like hell for the chosen ticket in the rust belt.