Bill Barr attacks FBI for ‘bad faith’ probe of Trump campaign in bonkers NBC interview

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
He's still claiming Trump was "spied on" and says he "doesn't know" whether there is a super-secret DNC server in Ukraine. Jesus, Donald has lardassed monkey working overtime. :zany:

By Pete Williams and Ken Dilanian​

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William Barr said he still believes the FBI may have operated out of "bad faith" when it investigated whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, and he contends the FBI acted improperly by continuing the investigation after Donald Trump took office.​
In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Barr essentially dismissed the findings of the Justice Department's inspector general that there was no evidence of political bias in the launching of the Russia probe, saying that his hand-picked prosecutor, John Durham, will have the last word on the matter.​
"I think our nation was turned on its head for three years based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by a completely irresponsible press," Barr said. "I think there were gross abuses …and inexplicable behavior that is intolerable in the FBI. I think that leaves open the possibility that there was bad faith."​
Barr's blistering criticism of the FBI's conduct in the Russia investigation, which went well beyond the errors outlined in the inspector general report, is bound to stoke further controversy about whether the attorney general is acting in good faith, or as a political hatchet man for Trump.​

• Wow
Reactions: the bull59

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
These guys are just so bad at everything they do.

The one thing the Trump administration could least afford in the wake of this report's release is to have the DoJ boss himself come out and give an interview laced with the rawest grievance imaginable that basically throws the entire process under the bus and tarnishes all future investigative work.

Now whatever Durham says will be correctly interpreted as nothing more than what Bill Barr told him to say, because the boss has made his will quite plain and has set it up so that Durham still answers to HIM (i.e., he has not recused and Durham is not a special counsel) for obvious reasons. There is no doubt that Barr's statements will please Trump — Barr does a lot of things to please Trump, like throw five-figure Christmas parties at Trump's hotels — but it undermines him in every other way.

Jan 2019
southeast

The one thing the Trump administration could least afford in the wake of this report's release is to have the DoJ boss himself come out and give an interview laced with the rawest grievance imaginable that basically throws the entire process under the bus and tarnishes all future investigative work.

Now whatever Durham says will be correctly interpreted as nothing more than what Bill Barr told him to say, because the boss has made his will quite plain and has set it up so that Durham still answers to HIM (i.e., he has not recused and Durham is not a special counsel) for obvious reasons. There is no doubt that Barr's statements will please Trump — Barr does a lot of things to please Trump, like throw five-figure Christmas parties at Trump's hotels — but it undermines him in every other way.
Lol...because you don't like hearing what the facts are.

• Love
Reactions: WolfHulk
May 2013
N Oregon Coast

I can't listen to Donald OR Baghdad Bill for more than 3 minutes at a whack. They both give me the creeps.

May 2019
midwest
Sep 2012
California
The thing that is so hard to understand is that Barr is actually a super-intelligent man. He knows better or should know better. Why is he doing this? It cannot be due to Trump, it's something else entirely. Part of the answer may be in his fondness for religion to a degree that resembles one of the evangelical preachers. If you can accept that much religion into your life even though you are one of the smartest men of his generation (first in class at West Point is a big deal), then maybe you can accept anything in pursuit of your personal ideology irrespective of truth or the facts.