Bill Barr blasts Trumps tweets

May 2019
midwest
So if not on Bill Barr's command.. who in the DOJ carried out Trump's order to reduce Stone's sentencing recommendation ?
That guy is just full of shit, imo.
Your timing is off. Decision made earlier.
Nope jenniel. @NeoVsMatrix is spot on. Note the dates. I did mention you should quit while you were behind.
:cool:

February 10, 2020

Case 1:19-cr-00018-ABJ Document 279 Filed 02/10/20

February 11, 2020 12:43 PM

Reactions: NeoVsMatrix
Aug 2018
Vancouver
lol, nope. He's going to go right on tweeting. This is one President who isn't afraid to exercise his freedom of speech and could really give a rat's ass if his subordinates don't like it. That's why he needs to have people in his administration who are comfortable with that arrangement. If Barr allows the President's tweets to hinder his work, he should really consider resigning to be honest.
No one with the slightest self respect, dignity or human pride would be comfortable with that arrangement. Ever. No one with an ounce of professionalism would accept it.

So guess who that leaves in your positions of federal government authority.

The snivelling, corrupt pieces of shit who WILL accept that arrangement.

Barr will of course, he's just a little embarrassed at having it SO publically displayed.

Oct 2019
Earth
In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.

“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.

When asked if he was prepared for the consequences of criticizing the president – his boss – Barr said “of course” because his job is to run the Justice Department and make decisions on “what I think is the right thing to do.”

I'm much less optimistic on this.

People hate on Trump, Barr makes a statement, people jump on Barr. People attack Barr he criticizes Trump and takes the pressure off himself.

It's not like they haven't been playing this cat and mouse game for years already.