Bill Barr blasts Trumps tweets

Oct 2019
Earth
Barr is embarrassed.. I don't blame him.
If my comment is accurate, really just a hunch atm, then it is not an embarrassment as a diversion. Barr says look at Trump, so the media focuses on Trump, meanwhile, Barr gets cover for his next move.

They have already tried to impeach, and it went about as poorly as could be expected. Now, Trump has clearly started on a war path.

The Trump camp keeps talking about arrests, I'd be concerned he might follow through. Without knowing specifically who, or for what, but between the investigations on the other side there's no talk and no apparent action.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
He’s covering his ass
Yes. This a weak attempt at damage control.
Barr has been Trump's personal fixer/defense attorney/butt buddy since the day he took office.
But apparently this latest move resulted in more public blowback than he was expecting.

Meanwhile I've now heard several talking heads saying that Barr has also been trying to derail the case against Trump's cronies Lev and Igor.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Either two things are going on here

A) Barr is full of shit and just trying to cover his ass for the Stone debacle where 4 prosecutors left in protest
B) He knows Trump will attack him, just like he did to John Kelly today for speaking out against Trump, and hope if Trump does that, it makes it looks like Barr was "standing" up to him,

if you think Trump getting involved with the legal decisions at the DOJ and tweeting about the judge in the Stone case is a good thing, then just forget the DOJ can no longer be seen as actually doing anything in regards to the "rules of law"
I vote for option A.

Apr 2019
down on Rue Morgue Avenue
Yes. This a weak attempt at damage control.
Barr has been Trump's personal fixer/defense attorney/butt buddy since the day he took office.
But apparently this latest move resulted in more public blowback than he was expecting.

does Barr need to do damage control? I mean after all...

I'm still enjoying what I'm doing, there's still work to be done. I'm still the President's wing-man, so I'm there with my boy. - Eric Holder
it seems some chose their outrage strategically.