Bill Gates doesnt rule out voting for Trump if democrats decide to tax billionaires

Dec 2015
SoCal
And take those numbers back 40 years to the founding of Microsoft, his initial investment was peanuts, and he has made hundreds of billions in cap gains, and any of his original stock he has not sold is still untaxed and will be untaxed until he dies.
35% my ass.

Reactions: OldGaffer
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York, has indicated to associates in recent weeks that Joe Biden’s recent struggles against Sen. Elizabeth Warren are making him rethink his decision to stay out of the 2020 Democratic primary. Bloomberg has signaled he’s “still looking at” running for president, but people close him say that the only way he could even go down that path is if Biden’s fortunes suffer so much that he drops out before or during the early stages of the primary. Bloomberg could then enter the race as one of the rare moderates with enough name recognition and campaign funding to make a run.

Reactions: BitterPill

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York, has indicated to associates in recent weeks that Joe Biden’s recent struggles against Sen. Elizabeth Warren are making him rethink his decision to stay out of the 2020 Democratic primary. Bloomberg has signaled he’s “still looking at” running for president, but people close him say that the only way he could even go down that path is if Biden’s fortunes suffer so much that he drops out before or during the early stages of the primary. Bloomberg could then enter the race as one of the rare moderates with enough name recognition and campaign funding to make a run.

No, no and no.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
No, no and no.
I think he just might if Biden falters. He spent a fortune in VA for the elections and did well. He has a lot of support he claims from moderates. But he promised he wouldnt if Biden makes it.

Sep 2016
My own world
I accept your concession.

I went back and read my posts to you and I have no idea what your talking about. Sometimes I think you aren't even on the same forum as the rest of us.

Wow billionaires don't want to pay their fair share in taxes. Who knew?
Donor lists are open to the public. Look them up if you are curious.

Browse Individual contributions - FEC.gov
And? What do you suggest she do, let everyone else have Pac's and she doesn't.I suppose she could lie like Trump. He wasn't going to take donations, he was going to be self funding. What a conman.

Anyway, get rid of everything and either have campaign expenses paid from a public purse or set limits on private individual donations (corporations are not fucking people, no unions, no churches no interest groups and no PACs). And what the fuck with this never ending campaigning? 1 month or 6 weeks is enough. Nobody gets around by horse and carriage anymore the long election period is a relic of the past.

Sep 2016
My own world

Hate to bring this up but Bloomberg isn't a guy that's going to be embraced in the Deep South.

Oct 2013
USA
He is a humanitarian. I am pretty sure he would never vote for Trump but I do think he is sending a message to Democrats to vote wisely in the primary. Keep in mind Gates is not greedy in any way and has encourage the uber rich to make Congress stop the tax breaks for the wealthy. He also spends more on humanity than anyone can imagine through the Gates foundation. There is simply no way to diss him. I think we are better off trying to understand what he is telling all of us.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
He is a humanitarian. I am pretty sure he would never vote for Trump but I do think he is sending a message to Democrats to vote wisely in the primary. Keep in mind Gates is not greedy in any way and has encourage the uber rich to make Congress stop the tax breaks for the wealthy. He also spends more on humanity than anyone can imagine through the Gates foundation. There is simply no way to diss him. I think we are better off trying to understand what he is telling all of us.
Yes thats exactly what he is doing. Yet he is taking heat for it.

Oct 2013
USA
I suspect like Warren Buffet, its a warning to dems not to nominate Warren or Sanders. They want Biden or another moderate. Several other prominent billionaires have warned they wont support Warren or Sanders.
Ding! Ding! Ding! I think it is on voters to understand exactly what this unbelievably generous man means.