Bill would limit heavy truck speed to 65 mph

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You do not believe that
No. It is you that doesn't believe that. You believe everyone who agrees with you is good and everyone who doesn't is bad.

That's not how life works. it's super simple and very convenient so that's probably why you function that way.

Apr 2012
No. It is you that doesn't believe that. You believe everyone who agrees with you is good and everyone who doesn't is bad.

That's not how life works. it's super simple and very convenient so that's probably why you function that way.
No that is the democrats I don't trust the GOP or the democrats. I am an independent conservative

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

hahahhahaa... you are no different

Sep 2019
Idaho
Speaking as an old retired log truck driver 65 is plenty fast to go in a truck. That's a lot of weight to try and stop in a reasonable distance at 80mph or to take evasive action. I do realize though that OTR by the mile drivers may see this differently. They have financial incentive to go as fast as possible.

Apr 2012
Speaking as an old retired log truck driver 65 is plenty fast to go in a truck. That's a lot of weight to try and stop in a reasonable distance at 80mph or to take evasive action. I do realize though that OTR by the mile drivers may see this differently. They have financial incentive to go as fast as possible.
The trucks should have the same speed limit as the rest of the traffic to try and have traffic that flows smoothly. Different speed limits cause problems like traffic jams and rear end collisions

Sep 2019
Idaho
The trucks should have the same speed limit as the rest of the traffic to try and have traffic that flows smoothly. Different speed limits cause problems like traffic jams and rear end collisions
The only place faster than 65 would apply is interstate highways with multiple lanes and traditionally the right lane was for slow traffic and trucks. Most states have a slower top speed for trucks and it doesn't seem to be a cause of accidents. Virtually all truck wrecks I've seen were sleepy drivers or too fast for road conditions.

Apr 2012
The only place faster than 65 would apply is interstate highways with multiple lanes and traditionally the right lane was for slow traffic and trucks. Most states have a slower top speed for trucks and it doesn't seem to be a cause of accidents. Virtually all truck wrecks I've seen were sleepy drivers or too fast for road conditions.
So you do not see the traffic jams and wrecks in Chicago?