Bill would limit heavy truck speed to 65 mph

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
It's not that tough to become a trucker these days. Most of the big companies have help wanted signs hung all over God's earth. If you can pass a written test, come clean on a BG check/drug test, and show that you can hold your lane and perform simple backing maneuvers - In ya go!
Simple backing maneuvers? Can you parallel park a 75’ tractor trailer? What about 90° alley dock? Looks easy, doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
You mean like pulling out in front of big trucks and making them slow down. I think you must have to take a stupid test to own a prius because they all seem to be to stupid to know how to drive
Interesting assessment of the Prius. Of course, the Prius is a normal vehicle that happens to have a large battery. It can do 80-90 mph depending upon the driver. Yes, fuel mpg will suffer.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
3 whole weeks? You poor thing. :)
Three weeks of CDL school, followed by 15,000 miles (5-8 weeks) with a trainer in a truck hauling freight.

Tell us, how much training do you, in your expert opinion feel that a truck driver should have?

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Gee, I wonder how California is getting everything they need and exporting everything they need to. Liberal truckers? :lol:
There are still carriers that will go to California but they charge a premium. This increases the price of everything you purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: BoiseBo

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
The requirements are the same in the states. You need to know how to driver and backup. If you go to a school you take the drivers test at the school
This statement is not accurate. Each state has different questions on the written tests and different standards on the backing. For example, Georgia has the driver’s side parallel, blind side parallel, and 90° alley dock, in addition to straight line and offset backing on the test. Other states like Kentucky do not have the parallel backing.

It’s also not an accurate statement to say that all who attend school take their test at the school.

Apr 2012
Simple backing maneuvers? Can you parallel park a 75’ tractor trailer? What about 90° alley dock? Looks easy, doesn’t it?

They demean truck drivers but have no clue about the skills needed and how much paper work and trip planning is involved

Apr 2012
Interesting assessment of the Prius. Of course, the Prius is a normal vehicle that happens to have a large battery. It can do 80-90 mph depending upon the driver. Yes, fuel mpg will suffer.

Problem is most of them pull in front of truckers and speed up very slowly

Apr 2012
This statement is not accurate. Each state has different questions on the written tests and different standards on the backing. For example, Georgia has the driver’s side parallel, blind side parallel, and 90° alley dock, in addition to straight line and offset backing on the test. Other states like Kentucky do not have the parallel backing.

It’s also not an accurate statement to say that all who attend school take their test at the school.

I know I did in 1995