Bin Laden raid commander, decorated SEAL leader denounces Trump

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
"Trolling" as Paul Ryan puts it, behaving like an ass and making empty threats is something people will tolerate, begrudgingly.

Actual retaliation against respected public servants just for being a critic of the administration is a whole 'nother matter, and a really stupid decision.

This is just the beginning:

• Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
Wonder if the "Deep State" crazy train will show up here, or recognizing the unassailable source, awkwardly remain silent and hope it's an isolated setback?

Reactions: 8 people
Jul 2014
midwest
Anyone suggesting he shouldn't be allowed to express his opinion?

Or any of us?

If he was still active duty maybe, but he's retired.

Reactions: 1 person

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Anyone suggesting he shouldn't be allowed to express his opinion?

Or any of us?

If he was still active duty maybe, but he's retired.
Dunno yet. I'm leaning toward the theory, "the average MAGA hatter will recognize this is a bloody nose dealt by an unassailable author, and remain silent in reacting to it."

But if the president follows his usual "punch back 10 times harder" idiot mantra, all bets are off.

Reactions: 3 people

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
"An international embarrassment" is the most polite thing I can say about Trump.

Reactions: 7 people
Sep 2014
United States
At least the dimwinger party now has someone in the military they can like.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
I really wonder if any of Trump's advisers, even 1-on-1, behind closed doors, told him

"Mr. President, I understand Brennan is annoying, but if you do this you will deeply anger a lot of people we can't possibly deflect or discredit."

I wonder if they even feared this possibility, or if they're so caught up in the echo chamber, they thought they would just get away with blatant retaliation?

Reactions: 2 people

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
A lot of people seem to think this is no big but those who have served and have those high-level clearances can help Q&A on current day issues. In other words, they are a virtual trove of necessary information that Trump just cut his people off from.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Brennan was right there in the situation room during the mission that finally got Bin Laden. The Trump administration uses the situation room to fire reality TV stars, who never should have been hired in the first place (and they can't even get that right). The difference between Brennan, Trump and his gang of cowardly sycophants; like Hannity, Gorka, Senator Kennedy and Rand Paul, couldn't be more stark. Brennan helped to kill Bin Laden, has years of distinguished service under multiple administrations, the respect of the military and both current and former heads of intelligence agencies. Trump and company are in a state of panic over what a reality TV villain might do next.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people