Bipartisan bill would repeal Patriot Act, cut down American surveillance

Mar 2015
jamaaaaaicaaa
Some of the strongest reforms to the U.S. national security apparatus ever introduced in Congress were revived Tuesday by a pair of congressmen in the House of Representatives.

Wisconsin Democratic Rep. Mark Pocan and Kentucky Republican Rep. Thomas Massie announced in a press release their intention to reintroduce the Surveillance State Repeal Act — a bill first introduced following the Snowden leaks in 2013 that would completely repeal the Patriot Act and the 2008 FISA Amendments Act, as well as introduce reforms to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
The so-called "Patriot Act" is one of the most disgustingly cynical pieces of fascist legislation since the Alien & Sedition Acts. Even the name is a monstrosity, since it implies that anyone who isn't okay with signing away most of the Bill of Rights is not a "patriot;" that it's "patriotic" to sign away ones rights in the name of "protection" from totally IMAGINARY threats from abroad. On the day this is repealed, George W. Bush should have to appear before a joint session of Congress and apologize for it.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
On the day this is repealed, George W. Bush should have to appear before a joint session of Congress and apologize for it.

What about all the members of Congress who passed the bill? I think they had something to do with it.

It would be nice if it were repealed, but I doubt there are anywhere near enough votes.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
The Senate that passed the patriot act was under Democrat Control.

the vote was

98 YEA

1 NAY

1 DID NOT VOTE (COWARD).

Last edited:
Mar 2015
San Diego, California
What I think is scary is that despite numerous bills stricken down by the supreme court even for enemy combatants detained in Guantanamo Bay the Patriot Act completely ignores Habeas Corpus