Black Security Guard Fired For Asking Student to Stop Calling Him the N-word

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
"Zero tolerance" is stupid!

This man's self-control is epic. He is extremely qualified for his position and it is STUPID that he was fired.

Your thoughts?

Aug 2018
Vancouver
PC and zero tolerance has gone too far. When you're dealing with combative violent people like this kid, you need to throw PC out the window. You're dealing in reality not some ideal fantasy land
Sorry - I don't understand. It's PC to be offended at the kids language. Can't this kid say whatever he wants? Isn't that free speech? The PC part would be telling him what words he can and can't say, no?

I'm finding the goal posts a bit willy-nilly here.

How is the kid speaking his mind PC and telling the kid he can't use that word NOT PC? Isn't that backwards?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Sorry - I don't understand. It's PC to be offended at the kids language. Can't this kid say whatever he wants? Isn't that free speech? The PC part would be telling him what words he can and can't say, no?
Uh, no. The n word would be "fighting words" in any urban high school in the country.

I'm finding the goal posts a bit willy-nilly here.

How is the kid speaking his mind PC and telling the kid he can't use that word NOT PC? Isn't that backwards?
The kid's speech is just context here. It's the guard's speech that's at issue.

Nov 2013
None of your business
"Zero tolerance" is stupid!

This man's self-control is epic. He is extremely qualified for his position and it is STUPID that he was fired.

Your thoughts?
This was wrongful termination, he's been hired already, and Cher is willing to pay for his legal fees.

It was wrong he was fired. A stupid move on the part of some incredibly stupid people.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas