Bob Woodward: The ‘Thermonuclear War’ Between Trump and the Press Needs to Calm Down

libertariat720

Former Staff
Oct 2015
ohio
You know, the guy who broke Watergate? He says it is nowhere near Watergate, this "Russia" thing, whatever it is.

the media needs to calm down in how it’s covering the Trump administration, saying, “We are not at the Watergate level yet.”

The Washington Post veteran said, “I think it serves no one––the media or Trump––to have a thermonuclear war with each other.”

“We need to calm it down, listen more,” he added. “Be on the surface respectful, but as reporters be as aggressive as possible.”

Earlier this week Woodward said he worries about the “smugness” in the media in the era of Trump.
Bob Woodward: The ?Thermonuclear War? Between Trump and the Press Needs to Calm Down | Mediaite

“I worry,” Woodward said, at a recent forum hosted by Axios, Mediaite reported. “I worry for the business, for the perception of the business, not just Trump supporters, they see that smugness. I think you can ride both horses, intensive inquiry, investigation, not letting up … at the same time, realize that it’s not our job to do an editorial on this.”
Bob Woodward, Watergate fame, bemoans media's 'smugness' - Washington Times

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
ummm yeah but that would mean both sides becoming pc. and we all know how much trump and his fans hate being politically correct.

Sooo... reap. sow. :smilie_catfight:

Reactions: 2 people
May 2012
By the wall
Great author, he wrote the best book ever on how the Supreme Court operates.

As for this issue it will blow over but he does have a point about Trump and his behavior. Yes Trump, people are going to hate you, it kind of comes with the job.