Breaking News. Man has a job at Trader Joes

May 2016
Florida
Humiliating someone for having a job is “news” to you? I’m glad I don’t live in your world
You must understand....when John Goodman was questioned about Roseanne Barr's comments, it was such an outrage that anyone would even ask such a question, much less even attempt to worry about things like that, yet in this case, suddenly it's "celebrity news"....some people have selective outrage....

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I work with a lot of artists. Most of them don't do it to become rich and famous. Because most of them won't become rich and famous. That's rarefied air. They do it because they love the art. A full timer at Trader Joe's can make $22 an hour. And Owens is still involved in local theater. He makes an honest living and still gets to do what he loves.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I work with a lot of artists. Most of them don't do it to become rich and famous. Because most of them won't become rich and famous. That's rarefied air. They do it because they love the art. A full timer at Trader Joe's can make $22 an hour. And Owens is still involved in local theater. He makes an honest living and still gets to do what he loves.
Yeah, I don't get in any way how this would be a "news" story. Either a real slow news day or catering to a certain segment of their audience?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
He last acted in 2017, so he's still acting... I guess the jobs are coming in too slow to make a living though.
Unless you have a regular gig, are a big star or have a lot of residuals from past jobs, acting for most people can be very inconsistent as far as income.