BREITBARTs 'Bernie negro' for TRUMP, vote suppression for cash, Camb. Analy & more!

Jul 2015
Florida
Waaaay back, when AOL was the deliverer of political boards, an RNC poster for hire spilled the beans. He was all over AOL. They, too, stopped paying the guy and he vented with details and specificity as to what he did and even what he was paid. I think it was 2004. I called the DNC and asked if we did that? I figured I might as well make a buck. They laughed. (No it wasn't a 'coy' laugh, like if I say we're not hiring or hiring right now, they were admitting WE did it too--it was like, 'are you kidding').

Anyway, BREITBART did. No surprise. I didn't know about this 'technique'. He performed WELL in his 12 targeted areas.

It's longer than the norm and I've been warned about c&p'g too much. It's worth the read.

[FONT=&amp]Here’s how Breitbart used a black Bernie Sanders supporter to suppress the vote

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

NOOR AL-SIBAI
29 MAY 2018 AT 09:23 ET
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

Bruce Carter, a former Bernie Sanders supporter who eventually campaigned for Donald Trump. Image via screengrab.
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&amp]

A reporter for Breitbart News courted a black Bernie Sanders campaigner to switch allegiances to Donald Trump in 2016 — and then convinced him to work for the right-wing website and encourage his fellow African American voters to sit out the presidential election.

Bloomberg News reported Tuesday that Bruce Carter, the founder of Black Men for Bernie, revealed his story to the website after falling out with his former employers when they ceased paying him in the weeks following the 2016 election. At the time, he genuinely believed Trump would rehabilitate urban communities in ways he thought the Democratic Party failed to do.

After being recruited by Breitbart reporter Dustin Stockton, Carter told Bloomberg that the message Breitbart hired him to send was simple: “If you can’t stomach Trump, just don’t vote for the other people and don’t vote at all.”

“Trump vastly outperformed the projection models in the 12 areas Bruce was targeting,” Stockton told Bloomberg, citing areas in Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Florida. “I never like telling people not to vote. But from a tactical and strategic position, we looked at it: If you could get them to vote for Trump, that was a plus two.”

Carter founded a group named Trump for Urban Communities that, as Bloomberg noted, “never disclosed its spending to the Federal Election Commission—a possible violation of election law.” Carter told the website that at the time, he was under the impression he worked for the Trump...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/heres-breitbart-used-black-bernie-sanders-supporter-suppress-vote/

[/FONT][/FONT]

Jul 2015
Florida
from BLOOMBERG, the original source...

Inside the Pro-Trump Effort to Keep Black Voters From the Polls

Breitbart staffer recruited Sanders activist Bruce Carter to get African Americans to support the Republican—or stay home.
By Lauren Etter and Michael Riley

...While it’s impossible to precisely measure Carter’s effectiveness, Trump performed particularly well in the areas Carter targeted, says Dustin Stockton, the Breitbart reporter who recruited him. In Philadelphia, where Carter spent much of his time, Clinton won about 35,000 fewer votes than Obama did in 2012, and that drop was primarily in majority-black wards. Those ballots alone could have cut Trump’s victory margin in Pennsylvania by more than half. Nationwide, Trump garnered a higher-than-expected share of black voters, while Clinton won significantly fewer than Obama did four years earlier.

“Trump vastly outperformed the projection models in the 12 areas Bruce was targeting” in Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Florida...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...mp-effort-to-keep-black-voters-from-the-polls

Last edited:
Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Waaaay back, when AOL was the deliverer of political boards, an RNC poster for hire spilled the beans. He was all over AOL. They, too, stopped paying the guy and he vented with details and specificity as to what he did and even what he was paid. I think it was 2004. I called the DNC and asked if we did that? I figured I might as well make a buck. They laughed. (No it wasn't a 'coy' laugh, like if I say we're not hiring or hiring right now, they were admitting WE did it too--it was like, 'are you kidding').

Anyway, BREITBART did. No surprise. I didn't know about this 'technique'. He performed WELL in his 12 targeted areas.

It's longer than the norm and I've been warned about c&p'g too much. It's worth the read.

[FONT=&]Here’s how Breitbart used a black Bernie Sanders supporter to suppress the vote

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]

NOOR AL-SIBAI
29 MAY 2018 AT 09:23 ET
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

Bruce Carter, a former Bernie Sanders supporter who eventually campaigned for Donald Trump. Image via screengrab.
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&]

A reporter for Breitbart News courted a black Bernie Sanders campaigner to switch allegiances to Donald Trump in 2016 — and then convinced him to work for the right-wing website and encourage his fellow African American voters to sit out the presidential election.

Bloomberg News reported Tuesday that Bruce Carter, the founder of Black Men for Bernie, revealed his story to the website after falling out with his former employers when they ceased paying him in the weeks following the 2016 election. At the time, he genuinely believed Trump would rehabilitate urban communities in ways he thought the Democratic Party failed to do.

After being recruited by Breitbart reporter Dustin Stockton, Carter told Bloomberg that the message Breitbart hired him to send was simple: “If you can’t stomach Trump, just don’t vote for the other people and don’t vote at all.”

“Trump vastly outperformed the projection models in the 12 areas Bruce was targeting,” Stockton told Bloomberg, citing areas in Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Florida. “I never like telling people not to vote. But from a tactical and strategic position, we looked at it: If you could get them to vote for Trump, that was a plus two.”

Carter founded a group named Trump for Urban Communities that, as Bloomberg noted, “never disclosed its spending to the Federal Election Commission—a possible violation of election law.” Carter told the website that at the time, he was under the impression he worked for the Trump...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/heres-breitbart-used-black-bernie-sanders-supporter-suppress-vote/

[/FONT][/FONT]
At least that guy appears to have been a real person. On Facebook, I've developed the habit of looking up the black posters who make pro-Trump or anti-voting comments, and about half of them seem to be sock puppets. I created a dummy Facebook account that I can befriend as many people as possible with it. The sock puppets frequently instantly accept a friend request from that account (since they're just trying to boost their audience), and then when I poke around on their profile, I see that all they've posted is tons of material with the exact same kind of messaging -- they generally have only a few pictures, and nothing you'd expect to see from a genuine social media account.

There are actually two flavors of this kind of "black" social media user. One tries to convince fellow blacks that the Republicans aren't so bad, or at least that they should stay home on election day to punish the Democrats. The other kind plays a deranged kind of black-power extremist who says stuff that seems tailor-made to harmonize with Fox News scaremongering about black people. While the first type is there to sideline real black people from the political process, the second type is there to reinforce the prejudices of white conservatives to make sure they show up to vote.

That's not to say everyone I suspect of being a sock puppet really is one. Half the time I follow up on them and realize that as much as they seem to fit with one of those two categories, they nevertheless seem to be real people who really do believe what they're saying. But, there are a whole bunch of them who are just dummy accounts for right-wingers looking to manipulate people with a false persona.

Jul 2015
Florida
At least that guy appears to have been a real person. On Facebook, I've developed the habit of looking up the black posters who make pro-Trump or anti-voting comments, and about half of them seem to be sock puppets. I created a dummy Facebook account that I can befriend as many people as possible with it. The sock puppets frequently instantly accept a friend request from that account (since they're just trying to boost their audience), and then when I poke around on their profile, I see that all they've posted is tons of material with the exact same kind of messaging -- they generally have only a few pictures, and nothing you'd expect to see from a genuine social media account.

There are actually two flavors of this kind of "black" social media user. One tries to convince fellow blacks that the Republicans aren't so bad, or at least that they should stay home on election day to punish the Democrats. The other kind plays a deranged kind of black-power extremist who says stuff that seems tailor-made to harmonize with Fox News scaremongering about black people. While the first type is there to sideline real black people from the political process, the second type is there to reinforce the prejudices of white conservatives to make sure they show up to vote.

That's not to say everyone I suspect of being a sock puppet really is one. Half the time I follow up on them and realize that as much as they seem to fit with one of those two categories, they nevertheless seem to be real people who really do believe what they're saying. But, there are a whole bunch of them who are just dummy accounts for right-wingers looking to manipulate people with a false persona.
I can't decide whether I'm just too dumb or simply not manipulative or cunning enough to come up with this kind of POISON to inject into the body politic. It makes me want to hurt somebody (and I'm a pacifist)!!!

I've been out there walking the streets canvassing, poll watching, poll greeting and REGISTERING VOTERS so more people VOTE over the past 3 decades! (And was never paid a dime). What a dumbass.

Last edited:
Nov 2013
NY
Call it despicable, and not in good morale, to cast such acts of voter 'de-motivation'.

Yet, any campaign, that is actually successful by just telling people, "if you don't like our guy, at least don't vote at all'.. if they find ANY follower to THAT message.. well, kudos to them. You can't blame the campaign, for the gullibility and stupidity of those following them.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
I can't decide whether I'm just too dumb or simply not manipulative or cunning enough to come up with this kind of POISON to inject into the body politic. It makes me want to hurt somebody (and I'm a pacifist)!!!

I've been out there walking the streets canvassing, poll watching, poll greeting and REGISTERING VOTERS so more people VOTE over the past 3 decades! (And was never paid a dime). What a dumbass.
Same here. When I first realized how common (and how effective) this right-wing tactic was, I was sorely tempted to do the same.... basically, create some right-wing social media personas who'd say incredibly stupid things to discredit conservatives and motivate liberals, or who'd make anti-voting pitches to conservatives from a fake conservative perspective. But I just couldn't bring myself to add to the poison that way. I actually think this is part of the explanation for why liberals lose, even though liberal positions poll much better. Basically, liberals are out there trying to fight something vaguely reminiscent of Queensbury Rules, against an opponent who delights in biting, eye-gouging, and punching them in the balls. We just can't bring ourselves to accept that it's devolved into a filthy street brawl. We keep acting like we can appeal to the better angels of the conservative soul.

Jul 2015
Florida
Same here. When I first realized how common (and how effective) this right-wing tactic was, I was sorely tempted to do the same.... basically, create some right-wing social media personas who'd say incredibly stupid things to discredit conservatives and motivate liberals, or who'd make anti-voting pitches to conservatives from a fake conservative perspective. But I just couldn't bring myself to add to the poison that way. I actually think this is part of the explanation for why liberals lose, even though liberal positions poll much better. Basically, liberals are out there trying to fight something vaguely reminiscent of Queensbury Rules, against an opponent who delights in biting, eye-gouging, and punching them in the balls. We just can't bring ourselves to accept that it's devolved into a filthy street brawl. We keep acting like we can appeal to the better angels of the conservative soul.
I'm going out on a limb here! I do not think as many on our side would fall for that kind of shit! I've always had a nose for LIARS. Maybe that's why I was neither a hater nor a 'lover' of Trump, he was just a loud mouthed New Yorker showman, and moderately amusing to me--UNTIL, THE BIRTHER LIE. My neutrality or 'amusement' went right the hell out the window when I realized this was some boldfaced race based lie.

(I would have caught on sooner but, SWEAR TO GOD, when I first heard all the background chatter I thought people just got 'mixed up' about the DATES that HI became a state. You know that was 1959, Obama was born in 61. Okay, just a silly arithmetic error. I was looking for a 'rational' explanation. It took a little while to catch on to the ILLEGITIMATE citizen, Kenyan bullshit! 6 or 7 years later, I still can't believe it!)

Last edited: