Brian Williams, in Raw Form, Delivers an Apology on ‘Today’

Nov 2008
Washington state
He couldn’t say the L word.
On the “Today” show Friday morning, the former NBC anchor Brian Williams used every verbal variation imaginable to express error and regret. Every one, that is, except the two words that his colleague turned inquisitor, Matt Lauer, kept pressing him to say: “I lied.”
And that resistance made Mr. Williams’s first appearance since he was suspended from NBC News unexpectedly raw, and distressing. This was an anchor who throughout his career had the cool, confident style of a John F. Kennedy; in parts of the interview, he came close to Richard M. Nixon in a flop sweat.
He didn’t have to agonize. His fate at the company that he has served for so long has been determined: His epaulets have been ripped off, and he will return, diminished, to the base camp of MSNBC.http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/20/a...in-raw-form-delivers-an-apology-on-today.html

Was this apology convincing to you? It was to me. I thought he was more honest then most politicians. If a politician was fired everytime they lied we would have zero politicians. I think Brian Williams made a mistake , owned up to and deserves another chance. MSNBC has demoted him, but I think the ratings will suffer with his successor and they will put him back into his anchor position again. He is a pro and the public recognizes that. MSNBC ratings are low now, they need him back. They just want to appear like they are punishing him, but they really needing to boost their ratings again. Face it, this is business.

Mar 2015
The Antipodes
He couldn’t say the L word.
On the “Today” show Friday morning, the former NBC anchor Brian Williams used every verbal variation imaginable to express error and regret. Every one, that is, except the two words that his colleague turned inquisitor, Matt Lauer, kept pressing him to say: “I lied.”
And that resistance made Mr. Williams’s first appearance since he was suspended from NBC News unexpectedly raw, and distressing. This was an anchor who throughout his career had the cool, confident style of a John F. Kennedy; in parts of the interview, he came close to Richard M. Nixon in a flop sweat.
He didn’t have to agonize. His fate at the company that he has served for so long has been determined: His epaulets have been ripped off, and he will return, diminished, to the base camp of MSNBC.http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/20/a...in-raw-form-delivers-an-apology-on-today.html

Was this apology convincing to you? It was to me. I thought he was more honest then most politicians. If a politician was fired everytime they lied we would have zero politicians. I think Brian Williams made a mistake , owned up to and deserves another chance. MSNBC has demoted him, but I think the ratings will suffer with his successor and they will put him back into his anchor position again. He is a pro and the public recognizes that. MSNBC ratings are low now, they need him back. They just want to appear like they are punishing him, but they really needing to boost their ratings again. Face it, this is business.

Isn't the Seattle branch of the NAACP looking for a new boss? Lying whites're okay.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Isn't the Seattle branch of the NAACP looking for a new boss? Lying whites're okay.
I know he fabricated a story to make himself look better. He appoligized pretty sincerely and I think he deserves a second chance. If we were to dismiss politicians with the same standards, we would have zero politicians. Especially Hillary. Somehow Liberals forgive a liar as long as their motives are right. Bill Clinton comes to mind with Monica. GW Bush. Oh no, never forgive those lies or supposed lies manufactured by the liberal machine. Give Brian a chance, liberals need at least one decent reporter. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is a joke, literally. Just trying to help Liberals out here. Your ratings are in the tank

Apr 2014
Maryland
I know he fabricated a story to make himself look better. He appoligized pretty sincerely and I think he deserves a second chance. If we were to dismiss politicians with the same standards, we would have zero politicians. Especially Hillary. Somehow Liberals forgive a liar as long as their motives are right. Bill Clinton comes to mind with Monica. GW Bush. Oh no, never forgive those lies or supposed lies manufactured by the liberal machine. Give Brian a chance, liberals need at least one decent reporter. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is a joke, literally. Just trying to help Liberals out here. Your ratings are in the tank
Ratings are poor because most Americans get their news from about ten legitimate news sources. Rightwingers all watch one channel.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Ratings are poor because most Americans get their news from about ten legitimate news sources. Rightwingers all watch one channel.
I watch the Today show, but mostly for entertainment and occasional news and Fox news on occasion. I get most news over the net. Google News

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
If that was an apology, then I am sorry that most Liberals are complete douchebags.

It's fitting that he moves on to MSNBC.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
If that was an apology, then I am sorry that most Liberals are complete douchebags.

It's fitting that he moves on to MSNBC.
LOL...

I'm with you bro. If that was an apology, then I am sorry the price of eggs is $3.25 a dozen.

Apr 2012
East coast USA
So, a thread about liars. Williams, the entire GOP field and Hillary.
The OP as well .