Brit Hume to Trump: Fox News isn't suppose to work for you.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

Bizarre. The thing is Brit is full of it. Fox News most definitely sees it's objective as working to promote the trump presidency. They're just getting caught up in the same paradox everyone who supports Trump gets caught up in. That annoying habit Trump has of saying the thing he's suppose to keep quiet out loud. And on a side note. How come the US president has so much time to spend on twitter?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

Bizarre. The thing is Brit is full of it. Fox News most definitely sees it's objective as working to promote the trump presidency. They're just getting caught up in the same paradox everyone who supports Trump gets caught up in. That annoying habit Trump has of saying the thing he's suppose to keep quiet out loud. And on a side note. How come the US president has so much time to spend on twitter?
Yeah, kind of thinking what would have happened if Obama spent most of the day on Twitter focused on media outlets.

Oh, that's right - he did not do that, too busy with his actual day job.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire

I dont know if I would go that far. Hume, Wallace, Shep Smith and a few others did not endorse Trump for president. They have been cordial to him but also tough when necessary.

Nov 2013
NY
His daily schedule has more "executive time" than anything else.. and every day until 11 AM, is executive time.. which means, playtime for toddler Donny. He doesn't like the "job" part of being president, never has.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
His daily schedule has more "executive time" than anything else.. and every day until 11 AM, is executive time.. which means, playtime for toddler Donny. He doesn't like the "job" part of being president, never has.
Probably didnt really like the job part of anything he did. Which explains a lot. He has said he would prefer to hold rallies every day.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I dont know if I would go that far. Hume, Wallace, Shep Smith and a few others did not endorse Trump for president. They have been cordial to him but also tough when necessary.
I will agree that there are what you'd call "personalities" on Fox News and then there are actual journalist. The personalities , like Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, all clearly see it as their job to promote Trump. Others, I haven't really watched because of the personalities being so repugnant. But, the thing is Trump thinks it's their job to promote him. And he's putting them in a very precarious position by calling them out about it publicly. Just saw Cavuto evisarate Trump on his claims about tariffs. Is that normal?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I will agree that there are what you'd call "personalities" on Fox News and then there are actual journalist. The personalities , like Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, all clearly see it as their job to promote Trump. Others, I haven't really watched because of the personalities being so repugnaant. But, the thing is Trump thinks it's their job to promote him. And he's putting them in a very precarious position by calling them out about it publicly. Just saw Cavuto evisarate Trump on his claims about tariffs. Is that normal?
Yes. The FOX Business side with the exception of Dobbs isnt in the bag for Trump. They do lean right as being very pro business but more traditional like the Romney side or Bush. Daytime FOX isnt as cordial to Trump as the 8-11pm or FOX and Friends.