Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel Suspended

Oct 2009
Kansas
After the superhuman levels of cowardice, incompetence, and corruption of Israel and his department that have come to light already, I'd be shocked if he were re-elected. But stranger things have happened.
I don't disagree with any of that. I'm looking for a specific explanation as to: Did Israel have to be removed now, taking the matter out of the voters' hands? What is the cause for his removal at this particular time? We need a better answer than "New governor wants to be seen taking decisive action, which may be justified, but isn't explicitly necessary."

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't disagree with any of that. I'm looking for a specific explanation as to: Did Israel have to be removed now, taking the matter out of the voters' hands? What is the cause for his removal at this particular time? We need a better answer than "New governor wants to be seen taking decisive action, which may be justified, but isn't explicitly necessary."
If the answer is that DeSantis wanted to publicly humiliate Israel, I'd be fine with it.

Oct 2009
Kansas
If the answer is that DeSantis wanted to publicly humiliate Israel, I'd be fine with it.
If that's how we want to do things, then the position shouldn't be elected in the first place.

Either it's up to the voters, or it isn't. My inclination is, law enforcement should be subject to elected oversight, not led by it.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The problem here is not just Sheriff Scott Israel.

It is ALSO Obama and Holder's racist PROMISE Program.

How many other victims are there across this Great Nation because of this policy?

I would argue a hell of a lot more than the 14 students at MSD.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Scott Israel is friends with Hillary
Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, has been one of the most outspoken gun control advocates ever since the Parkland, Florida high school mass shooting. But now his relationship with former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is being questioned as he continually slams Republicans and President Donald Trump.

Broward County Sheriff Was Pals With Hillary...Now 4 Officers Refused To Go Inside School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Scott Israel is friends with Hillary
Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, has been one of the most outspoken gun control advocates ever since the Parkland, Florida high school mass shooting. But now his relationship with former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is being questioned as he continually slams Republicans and President Donald Trump.

Broward County Sheriff Was Pals With Hillary...Now 4 Officers Refused To Go Inside School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Israel was also good buddies with B. Hussein.

Wasn't Broward County the first County the PROMISE Program was rolled out in?