Buddy Roemer: The Occupy Wall Street candidate?

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Buddy Roemer: The Occupy Wall Street candidate?

Buddy Roemer has been running for president as something of a man without a movement: His single issue has been to curtail the influence of money in politics, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for a populist uprising around campaign finance.

But the former Louisiana governor took an interesting step toward relevance this week by becoming the lone presidential candidate — in either party — to speak up strongly on behalf of the Occupy Wall Street protestors.

Read more: Buddy Roemer: The Occupy Wall Street candidate? - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Interesting! I've been wanting Buddy Roemer to find a way into the debates. Maybe this will give him enough notice that he makes it onto some polls, and gets at least 1% (or whatever threshold the debate sponsors set).

Jan 2011
east coast
I saw an interview with him last night, and was impressed with his ideas, but just don't see finance reform ever coming to fruition. It's been on the table over and over again and nothing comes of it. Like to see him in the debates.

Reactions: jackalope

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
I'd like to hear him in a debate as well.
[video=youtube;NpoRE2eBQx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpoRE2eBQx0[/video]

Reactions: jackalope

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
ok, I will look into him. Is he independent, con or dem? I know he is not Republican. He told the truth.

Reactions: Babylon

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
ok, I will look into him. Is he independent, con or dem? I know he is not Republican. He told the truth.

He's a Republican, but a former Dem. I think he switched party affiliation while serving as Lousiana's Governor, maybe during the Reagan years?

edit: He's running for the GOP nomination for Pres.

Reactions: freecell

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
He's a Republican, but a former Dem. I think he switched party affiliation while serving as Lousiana's Governor, maybe during the Reagan years?

edit: He's running for the GOP nomination for Pres.
Sounds more like a Con. He should run on the dems side.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Sounds more like a Con. He should run on the dems side.

Party switchers have a hard time. If he switched AGAIN, I think he'd have NO chance. He doesn't seem to have much chance at the GOP nomination though. But, who knows, maybe his Occupy Wall Street support will get him notice/media coverage/poll support?

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
He's one of these people who has a strong opinion and doesn't sugar coat any of it, hard answers to difficult questions type of candidate, maybe not the ideal choice when you factor in all of his positions, but certainly leadership material based on the strength of his convictions.

Free I'm not sure if you've looked into him but he seems like the type of candidate you'd support. I'm undecided, but I'd like to see more like him, people we could take seriously, running for office.

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
Free I'm not sure if you've looked into him but he seems like the type of candidate you'd support. I'm undecided, but I'd like to see more like him, people we could take seriously, running for office.
Yes he does sound like my type. Not yet but I will.