Bullpup PKP

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Interesting pic I came across, some Russian special forces/anti-terror training at the range

First time ever I see a bullpup PKP Pecheneg machine gun, but, apparently they do make em now, specifically for such elite units: PKP Pecheneg machine gun - Wikipedia

For comparison, the other soldier on the ground there, nearby, is shooting with a regular version of PKP.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Interesting pic I came across, some Russian special forces/anti-terror training at the range

First time ever I see a bullpup PKP Pecheneg machine gun, but, apparently they do make em now, specifically for such elite units: PKP Pecheneg machine gun - Wikipedia

For comparison, the other soldier on the ground there, nearby, is shooting with a regular version of PKP.
I read how the original PKP was in the upwards of 19 lbs. That to me is one heavy weapon to tote around let alone shoot in a standing or prone position. With this 'bullpup' version they have reduced weight quite a bit ( I don't know how much), but anything should be better IMO.
I know the M16 I toted around was around 9 lbs, and I used to complain about that LOL.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I read how the original PKP was in the upwards of 19 lbs. That to me is one heavy weapon to tote around let alone shoot in a standing or prone position. With this 'bullpup' version they have reduced weight quite a bit ( I don't know how much), but anything should be better IMO.
I know the M16 I toted around was around 9 lbs, and I used to complain about that LOL.
Rambo carried that thing around like it was nothing

:D