Bush Funeral Could set back Taxpayers a half a billion dollars

Feb 2007
Colorado
Yeah these events (govt shutdown, funerals) has always had a very high cost, historically.

These events are planned by the president who died by proclamation the day they start their first term, thus Bush Sr. in this case.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
I respected Bush senior and would take him in a heartbeat over the assclown we have in the Whitehouse now but a half a billion dollars? WTF?! And we don't think we have a monarchy of some kind?

Bush funeral could set taxpayers back a half-billion dollars
The formula for calculating "the cost" of the funeral ceremonies is pretty creative. And strikes me as somewhat over the top.

Am fine with how things played. The late President was worthy of high respect and it was given to him.

Jan 2014
California
I respected Bush senior and would take him in a heartbeat over the assclown we have in the Whitehouse now but a half a billion dollars? WTF?! And we don't think we have a monarchy of some kind?

Mr. Enigma,

Agreed. So in that vein, we need to eliminate MLK day, and in fact all Federal holidays. Just think of all the lost production we can gain back....

Oh, wait, we are talking about government employees, so there is no production lost....;)

Nov 2013
NY

This is not different form any other former President... the majority of this "cost" is lost prodctivity due to the federal holiday the government gavce to their own lazy bums. And other presidents got the same.. so this is no reason for sudden outrage, at all.