Buttigieg challenges Pence on LGBTQ rights: "Your quarrel is with my creator"

Nov 2008
Washington state
That doesn't turn me off one single bit, but using religious text and ideology to support one's bigotry is what turns me off.
If buttigieg claims to be Christian, its within my right to question his claims. So far his actions don't line up with his claims

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Nov 2008
Washington state
Pete B. is gay, so yes take it up with his creator, and Pence can go fuck himself.
Actually Buttigieg needs to take up being Gay with his Creator, Pence didn't force him to make that decision . God didn't force him to make that decision. Buttigieg made those choices and God warned him not to multiple times in the scriptures. Its like being warned there is a fire burning in your house and running into it and blaming Mike Pence for warning you there's a fire in your house and claiming God made you to be stupid and you can't stop yourself from running into a burning house. He's the ultimate idiot .

Reactions: ripskater
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
I fail to understand why he believes in a stone-age religion that believes it was right to stone gays to death up until 33 AD and that gay people are going to be tortured for eternity for who they love.
We all deserve Hell because of our sin. Homo or hetero sex sins. God is Holy and his wrath will punish and judge evil. However he sent his son Jesus Christ, God in the flesh to take the punishment of Gods wrath for sinners. So that we might be forgiven and have eternal life instead of eternal punishment.

Non-Christians will not understand this.

Reactions: aboutenough
Nov 2008
Washington state
I fail to understand why he believes in a stone-age religion that believes it was right to stone gays to death up until 33 AD and that gay people are going to be tortured for eternity for who they love.
Actually what you are talking about is the Jewish religion, he's a Christian. Christians never stoned Gays to death

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
We all deserve Hell because of our sin. Homo or hetero sex sins. God is Holy and his wrath will punish and judge evil. However he sent his son Jesus Christ, God in the flesh to take the punishment of Gods wrath for sinners. So that we could be forgiven and have eternal life instead of eternal punishment.

Non-Christians will not understand this.
No, I don't believe making finite mistakes means you deserve eternal torment. Thats barbaric. And how does torturing someone else (Jesus) somehow mean we aren't responsible for paying for our mistakes anymore? The bible is also very clear that gays are one of the people who aren't getting into the kingdom of God.

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Actually what you are talking about is the Jewish religion, he's a Christian. Christians never stoned Gays to death
But Christians (at least the ones to read their bibles) believe it was ok to do this up to 33 AD but not now. They believe that gays are going to be eternally tormented in hell and is an abomination. Thats some pretty backwards stuff.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
No, I don't believe making finite mistakes means you deserve eternal torment. Thats barbaric. And how does torturing someone else (Jesus) somehow mean we aren't responsible for paying for our mistakes anymore?
Even those that have salvation will have consequences of our sins here on earth. And we are responsible for what we do wrong. However it's a gift, of God's Grace that one is saved. We don't earn that by works.

The bible is also very clear that gays are one of the people who aren't getting into the kingdom of God.
Yes, and neither is anyone else unless they are in Christ and forgiven.