Buttigieg challenges Pence on LGBTQ rights: "Your quarrel is with my creator"

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Even those that have salvation will have consequences of our sins here on earth. And we are responsible for what we do wrong. However it's a gift, of God's Grace that one is saved. We don't earn that by works.

Yes, and neither is anyone else unless they are in Christ and forgiven.
You still haven't explained how punishing someone else means you can go scott free for all the nasty things that you did. So if I kill someone, my mom can go to jail in my place? Doesn't sound right.

Another thing is why did God make faith the requirement for salvation instead of being a generally good person? Many people have faith in different religions, may not have faith for rational reasons, may not have heard much about Christianity, or never even heard about it? If he does want faith to be a condition, then why doesn't he hang around down here publicly so this ridiculous debate over whether he exists is completely answered?

And you haven't explained how the consequences for any sin is eternal torment. Thats like punishing an out of date insurance card in the car with life in prison, in a torture chamber.

I guess you have a right to believe anything you want if it makes you happy as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. But your beliefs don't make any sense. But I'm rambling. What matters is that Christianity's teachings are in complete conflict with Buttigieg's way of life, but I am ok with his orientation and generally like him.

Nov 2008
Washington state
But Christians (at least the ones to read their bibles) believe it was ok to do this up to 33 AD but not now. They believe that gays are going to be eternally tormented in hell and is an abomination. Thats some pretty backwards stuff.
Christians read the Old Testament , but they never practiced 3000 year old Jewish laws stoning Gays. God didn't make those Jewish laws, they did. Christians do believe that the actions of Gay people is an abomination.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Christians read the Old Testament , but they never practiced 3000 year old Jewish laws stoning Gays. God didn't make those Jewish laws, they did. Christians do believe that the actions of Gay people is an abomination.
Actually God did make the laws for stoning in the Old Testament. And we can't ignore that, those were his laws for the Isreal.

It was a theocracy. And the only one that ever worked.

As Christians we know that this is not our home.

Reactions: aboutenough
Mar 2019
Portland, OR
I never claimed Christian do practice gay stoning or believe that we should do that today. My claim is that Christian believe that gays should have been stoned before Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses. Christians believe that the law of Moses is the word of god and gods people were commanded to follow it before Jesus fulfilled it.

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Actually God did make the laws for stoning in the Old Testament. And we can't ignore that, those were his laws for the Isreal.

It was a theocracy. And the only one that ever worked.

As Christians we know that this is not our home.
That’s one thing we can agree on. The Bible did command stoning of gays. I don’t think theocracy is a good form of government and prefer the democratic republic.

Reactions: ripskater
Mar 2019
You still haven't explained how punishing someone else means you can go scott free for all the nasty things that you did. So if I kill someone, my mom can go to jail in my place? Doesn't sound right.
I hear you. Yes, Christ took the punishment for sinners. For sins he did not commit.

Another thing is why did God make faith the requirement for salvation instead of being a generally good person?
Because we could never be good enough. God is Holy. He's so Holy that we cannot comprehend. And the Bible says God is so Holy that even our good deeds are as filthy rags to God. We as humans may not be able to comprehend the Holiness of God.

Many people have faith in different religions, may not have faith for rational reasons, may not have heard much about Christianity, or never even heard about it? If he does want faith to be a condition, then why doesn't he hang around down here publicly so this ridiculous debate over whether he exists is completely answered?

And you haven't explained how the consequences for any sin is eternal torment. Thats like punishing an out of date insurance card in the car with life in prison, in a torture chamber.

I guess you have a right to believe anything you want if it makes you happy as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. But your beliefs don't make any sense. But I'm rambling. What matters is that Christianity's teachings are in complete conflict with Buttigieg's way of life, but I am ok with his orientation and generally like him.
The Bible says the wages of sin is death. I've heard it said that even us in an eternity in Hell cannot pay for the sins we have committed. That's why we needed a perfect savior, fully God, yet fully man. Only he could take the punishment for sinners so that we might be saved.

Mar 2019
That’s one thing we can agree on. The Bible did command stoning of gays. I don’t think theocracy is a good form of government and prefer the democratic republic.
I don't want a theocracy either.

You can't force people to accept God. It doesn't work like that.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
Actually Buttigieg needs to take up being Gay with his Creator, Pence didn't force him to make that decision . God didn't force him to make that decision. Buttigieg made those choices and God warned him not to multiple times in the scriptures. Its like being warned there is a fire burning in your house and running into it and blaming Mike Pence for warning you there's a fire in your house and claiming God made you to be stupid and you can't stop yourself from running into a burning house. He's the ultimate idiot .
Honestly, he doesn't have to do damn thing...

Mar 2019
I never claimed Christian do practice gay stoning or believe that we should do that today. My claim is that Christian believe that gays should have been stoned before Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses. Christians believe that the law of Moses is the word of god and gods people were commanded to follow it before Jesus fulfilled it.
The Old Testament is the Law. And what it showed us is that we cannot possibly follow all of it. It shows us that we are in need of a savior. We are all lawbreakers. All of us guilty. Christ came so that we might be saved.