Buttigieg challenges Pence on LGBTQ rights: "Your quarrel is with my creator"

Nov 2008
Washington state
So why would a book about Jesus include laws that don't pertain to Christians today? And when did you take a poll of all Christians because so far you are posting fake facts.
Because the Old Testament Prophets foretold the coming Messiah and the New Testament shows those Prophesies full filled

Nov 2008
Washington state
Why? I thought God was all knowing. Pence evidently is the one lacking in perspective. It's entertaining to see GOP Christians treating another politician as if he's a god and above criticism, though.
Isn't this Pete's point? He wants Pence to question God and why he created him Gay? if Pete ever read the Bible he would find out God doesn't create Gays. He created Man and Woman, after that whatever they choose to be after that is their own making.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Isn't this Pete's point? He wants Pence to question God and why he created him Gay? if Pete ever read the Bible he would find out God doesn't create Gays. He created Man and Woman, after that whatever they choose to be after that is their own making.
God the creator didn't create Pete, the Christian believer gay man?

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
You still haven’t tied Christians to Jewish Laws. Jews obeyed Those Laws Thousands of years ago. We read them and agree that practicing Homosexual acts are an abomination, but no one, even Jews agree with stoning today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said that the stoning of gays is a Christian law, or claimed that Christians at all follow this law, or claimed that Christians believe in stoning gays today. I made none of those claims. What I am saying is that Christians believe that gays should have been stoned before Jesus fulfilled the Jewish law in the pre-Christian era.

Nov 2008
Washington state
I never said that the stoning of gays is a Christian law, or claimed that Christians at all follow this law, or claimed that Christians believe in stoning gays today. I made none of those claims. What I am saying is that Christians believe that gays should have been stoned before Jesus fulfilled the Jewish law in the pre-Christian era.
Huh? Not many Christians around until Jesus was rose after dying on the Cross, then he was only on earth 60 days after that. At that point Christians were not practicing Judaism, they were just barely grasping what Jesus had done. At that time there was no mention of Gays. The only one that mentioned Gays was Paul the Apostle and it was in a letter to one of the churches he started in Rome. He mentioned it in other letters to other churches as well.
Rom 1:24-28
24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves,25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.26For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural,27and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done.Homosexuality in the New Testament