Buttigieg's "Dougless Plan" to Attack Systemic Racism

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
His "Douglass Plan" aims to establish a $10 billion fund for black entrepreneurs over five years, invest $25 billion in historically black colleges, legalize marijuana, expunge past drug convictions, reduce the prison population by half and pass a new Voting Rights Act to further empower the federal government to ensure voting access.

His campaign says it is equal in scale to the Marshall Plan, which used the equivalent of approximately $100 billion at current value to rebuild Europe after World War II. Buttigieg says the program would be enacted alongside potential direct reparations for slavery, not in place of it.

The two-term mayor also supports a constitutional amendment to abolish the death penalty, and intends to expand the Supreme Court and eradicate the Electoral College.
Buttigieg Proposes Broad Plan To Counter Racial Inequality

My initial reaction is mixed. What will historically black colleges do with these funds? Will the funds for black entrepreneurs be loans or gifts? How will fraud be fought?

Etc.

Your reaction?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
"legalize marijuana, expunge past drug convictions, reduce the prison population by half "

Hi democrats! Welcome to my position since about 2004.

When democrats propose such things, my interest peaks in looking into how kooky the rest of their platform is. If he's serious, I would and made this a central part of his campaign, not simple pandering, I'd consider voting for him.

Biden beat pete to the punch on this, but I don't trust biden, him, kooky as he is, seems honest enough.

The racial pandering isn't needed.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Buttigieg is proposing SEGRIGATION..
I disagree, but yes, his plan does target black Americans. It's unclear how anyone's eligibility would be determined.

E.g., he wants a huge percent of government procurement to be spent at black-owned companies. And that's a great idea, on its face, but it will succeed or fail based in the details. How do you keep white owners from using black strawmen to submit bids? How do you buy all that the government needs if you can't shop at Fortune 500 companies? How do we buy tanks or airplanes when there is no black-owned companies producing any?

Etc.

But it can work, if it is thoughtfully implemented and diligently auditted. Set-asides for minority owned businesses is now SOP for public construction jobs in almost every state.

Jul 2014
CA
"legalize marijuana, expunge past drug convictions, reduce the prison population by half "

When democrats propose such things, my interest peaks in looking into how kooky the rest of their platform is. If he's serious, I would and made this a central part of his campaign, not simple pandering, I'd consider voting for him.

Biden beat pete to the punch on this, but I don't trust biden, him, kooky as he is, seems honest enough.

Mmmmm

Try reading this

A Mass Incarceration Mystery

It's not kooky to black people.

Jul 2014
CA
The plan proposes investments in key areas that would benefit African Americans, Buttigieg argues. It proposes establishing an a National Health Equity Strategy in order to "train our existing health workforce to combat bias — especially racial bias — when treating patients."

The Douglass plan would also dramatically increase federal funding for black students in science-related fields and increase resources for students at Title I schools. On entrepreneurship, the proposal calls for tripling the number of black entrepreneurs over the next decade and awarding a quarter of government contracts to "minority business owners." On housing, the Douglass Plan aims to increase asset ownership by creating a public trust to buy vacant properties and make those properties available to residents. The plan also includes provisions to revitalize and invest in neighborhoods in pilot cities.

Among the criminal justice reform proposals are halving the incarceration rate at the state and federal level, abolishing private federal prisons and ending or reducing incarceration for drug crimes. The proposal also would double federal funding for states that looking to make criminal justice reforms.

How Pete Buttigieg would fight systemic racism

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
Racism is not what is holding back the black community.

The biggest obstacle they face is the criminal element, and rampant sexual immorality in their own community. Buttigieg doesn't understand that you can't just throw money at the problem and think that money will fix it. That won't work.

Stuff like this is why the black community is having problems. Money won't fix this.

The video above explains the fatherless homes, the rampant std's, why these communities are poor, why the schools are literal zoos and why the cops have such a tough time with them.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Legalize marijuana, release nonviolent drug offenders, expunge their records.

Easy, cost-saving measures that should have massive support across the whole political spectrum.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Mmmmm

Try reading this

A Mass Incarceration Mystery

It's not kooky to black people.

Are you purposefully lying about what I just said?

yes, yes you are.

try again, I never suggested incarceration rates among black people was kooky. this is a great example of that shit we were discussing in that other thread. you dishonestly twisted my post to infer racism.