Buttigieg's "Dougless Plan" to Attack Systemic Racism

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Do you actually spend any time in the inner city working with their residents? Many have pulled themselves out of poverty. I see it semester after semester. Many do attend college...with federal grants, institutional grants provided by colleges for disadvantaged students and student loans, just like the rest of us. Stop robbing the businesses that are there so they won't leave and respect the people who live around you. It is not that hard to do.

All the time, its a wonderful thing.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
LOL - like the Southern Strategy was not about identity politics.

Kind of odd too that Trump seems to have little to none support in the black community and most of his supporters are white.

That's because black people know he is a racist.
With Trump supporters that is a feature, not a glitch.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Jan 2007
Kind of hard to do when all they have known for decades is poverty, crappy education and not enough money to pay for a good education to get a good job.

And the hard truth is, is that kids who grow up in a more "privileged" background, always do better than those who don't.

Maybe some of his suggestions could be incorporated to all people who are either poor or lower middle class.

Lets take your approach and import millions of poor uneducated people and vastly expand the need for scarce resources.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
A good plan would be for these communities to help themselves a little. They can stop stealing, destroying, etc. We have already thrown a ton of money into this without any return. What would be nice, if blacks didn't leave once they obtained good jobs. When my black nursing students graduate, the first thing they do is buy a house and a car. They are not buying homes in the same neighborhoods...they move to the burbs to get away from all that crap so their kids would have a chance. To stem the cycle starts with change within themselves. Stop tearing down your communities would be a good start. It is not that hard to prevent yourself from destroying property. Do you think tax payers should continue to fund projects just to see them destroyed in a year or even a month? Mayor Pete's idea is not new...maybe within his City, but Mayors have tried this for years and nothing changes.
Again, what you are talking about is the cycle that has gone on for decades. Could those people make better decisions? Of course, they could.

But let me ask you a question. If you lived in a crappy white area, would you leave as soon as you got a good job? I think most people would say yes.

Investing in good education in black/poor communities is a good start IMO.

Reactions: Madeline

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Lets take your approach and import millions of poor uneducated people and vastly expand the need for scarce resources.

Is it even possible that you, for once, can post in a thread and not bring up immigration over and over again?

I'm thinking no

Again, we heard you the first 1,000 times.

Reactions: OldGaffer
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Again, what you are talking about is the cycle that has gone on for decades. Could those people make better decisions? Of course, they could.

But let me ask you a question. If you lived in a crappy white area, would you leave as soon as you got a good job? I think most people would say yes.

Investing wont work if teachers wont teach there and people refuse to go there to be administrators etc. Thats the biggest issue. Nobody is going to choose to go into these areas to help when they can go somewhere else. Throwing more money at it doesnt solve a thing if the manpower isnt willing.

Reactions: Madeline and HCProf
Jan 2007

You still have to want to attend. Your mind is fried on dope , who wants to learn science?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Is it even possible that you, for once, can post in a thread and not bring up immigration over and over again?

Again, we heard you the first 1000 times

I'm thinking he should bring up trump in every thread like you and your ilk do...

I cant believe you lodged this complaint, given your own tendencies

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Current Events