Buttigieg's "Dougless Plan" to Attack Systemic Racism

Jan 2007
How am I lecturing anyone? Simple asking - do we do nothing and let the cycles just continue?

And you know nothing about my background either.

I've of the mindest that all boats lift the tide

It's again, unfortunate that people who have "privilege" seem to get all the breaks.

Income inequality in this country is at an all-time high, btw.
Is middle class privilege ? A communist system may be to your liking. Equality for all. Except the rulers and administrators.

Jan 2007
We spend more for education than any other first world country. Also working class and education go hand in hand. Most schools get huge percents from property tax bases and if there isnt a strong working class they cant afford the schools. We now have retirees who cant afford an increase in property tax and veto school budgets, so getting more money is futile.
U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows
The US spends more on education than other countries. Why is it falling behind?

I look back at my mother's early school years on the N. Dakota prairie. Barely the the basics of anything. Yet a very productive member of society, went in to nursing school and was an RN. The budget was less then paltry.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
How am I lecturing anyone? Simple asking - do we do nothing and let the cycles just continue?

It's again, unfortunate that people who have "privilege" seem to get all the breaks.

I have never received anything in my life that I have not worked my ass off for. Privilege is a buzz word these days to virtue signal. It is a meaningless word. We do need to break the cycle but it will take buy in from the people we are trying to help. Mayor Pete is just using the same rhetoric that large City Mayors have already tried....and it failed. Why keep doing the same thing over and over? To feel good?

Reactions: ripskater and THOR
Jan 2007

You are so brainwashed and it's a rising tide lifts all boats.

You should be a panelist on MSNBC Work with Eric Dyson.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

All boats lift the tide, you say?

Lol

And lol @privilege, are you suggesting I'm privileged,

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I have never received anything in my life that I have not worked my ass off for. Privilege is a buzz word these days to virtue signal. It is a meaningless word. We do need to break the cycle but it will take buy in from the people we are trying to help. Mayor Pete is just using the same rhetoric that large City Mayors have already tried....and it failed. Why keep doing the same thing over and over? To feel good?

I grew up working poor on the lower east side of ny, bleecker and in alphabet city and newark, nj....

This was the 70s and 80s..... so much privilege!!!

Muh privilege!!!!!!

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

The thing is and i swear on odin’s hawg, if i believe hes going to follow through with marijuana, releasing non violent drug offenders and expunging thier records. Ill vote for him.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Same here. I grew up in a mixed suburb in Michigan during a very robust middle class period of time. Most of the black families I grew up with worked for the auto companies. This is part of the problem...when our middle class declined if forced a lot of blacks back into poverty. I basically grew up color blind and as a result of that, I am able to see the warts and the good in all cultures and people. Not all humans are perfect. One of the best feelings a person can have is to receive a text message from a disadvantaged student standing next to a new car or a sold sign outside of a house while thanking you for making this happen.

Buddy of mine, and investment our group made.
Downtown Caribbean Eats - Newark, NJ

Employs 12 people.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
For sure have seen a decline in good-paying middle-class jobs.

We don't invest in education as we used to 40 years ago

We need to change that. Education that will get people "up to speed" in the tech world we now live in.

Pete's idea about investing in science-related field is a good idea IMO.

Lol no are you.... lol wut? We have more graduates than jobs and we have a shortage of skilled middle class labor......

Do you just make shit up?

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Current Events