Buttigieg's "Dougless Plan" to Attack Systemic Racism

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
This cycle has also had a ton of cash allocated to it as well....without a return of investment for years if not decades. We try to invest in a good education, but when a teacher is threatened by a parent, they leave their jobs. Cleveland has a horrible time recruiting teachers. If they do find one, they will leave as soon as another position opens up somewhere else. We tried to import teachers from India a few years back with the hope of providing a good education. During the interview, the candidates were given scenarios of how they would handle certain behavioral problems and they all pretty much used corporal punishment as a solution. This would get them killed in some of these schools and the City dropped the recruitment project. Would you work in a violent area if you did not have too?
Los Angeles does not seem to have that problem in "problem" areas.

But then again the average salary for them is 67K a year.

Reactions: Madeline

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
We spend more for education than any other first world country. Also working class and education go hand in hand. Most schools get huge percents from property tax bases and if there isnt a strong working class they cant afford the schools. We now have retirees who cant afford an increase in property tax and veto school budgets, so getting more money is futile.
U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows
The US spends more on education than other countries. Why is it falling behind?
I know. Depending on where you live makes a big difference in the "type" of education you get.

You don't see kids in Beverly Hills wanting for anything when it comes to school for instance.

I always kind of thought that just relying on property taxes to fund most of the public schools is not such a good idea.

There has to be a better way to make it more "equal" for everyone.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Lol no are you.... lol wut? We have more graduates than jobs and we have a shortage of skilled middle class labor......

Do you just make shit up?
What are you talking about again?

Unemployment is at a record low.

But I do see a lot of job openings for things like truck drivers.

I know in CA our Community Colleges have robust "trade" programs.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Is middle class privilege ? A communist system may be to your liking. Equality for all. Except the rulers and administrators.
Let's see....what drives a strong economy - the middle class. In what way does that "relate" to communism?

Did I ever suggest everyone be paid the same? Yeah, I didn't.

Again, income inequality is at it's highest levels ever.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Racism is not what is holding back the black community.

The biggest obstacle they face is the criminal element, and rampant sexual immorality in their own community. Buttigieg doesn't understand that you can't just throw money at the problem and think that money will fix it. That won't work.

Stuff like this is why the black community is having problems. Money won't fix this.

The video above explains the fatherless homes, the rampant std's, why these communities are poor, why the schools are literal zoos and why the cops have such a tough time with them.
The problem with your post is that rampant sexual immorality and criminality exist in every segment of our populace, even in our White House.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Might be something to it considering the turmoil these areas are in. Decade after decade. Drugs and ambition and success don't work well together.
Some succeed4 out of their poverty and others take the easy path to failure. Skipping school and using drugs are decisions. No one's fault but their own. Maybe the family is a wreck.
"No one's fault but their own" is 100% wrong-o. We allow harm to our neighbors, from shitty policing to lead poisoning to racist criminal justice policies to crappy health care and beyond.

We are obligated to try to mitigate that suffering, if we can.

The fact that Great Society-style programs failed does not mean nothing can be done.

Reactions: HayJenn

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
What are you talking about again?

Unemployment is at a record low.

But I do see a lot of job openings for things like truck drivers.

I know in CA our Community Colleges have robust "trade" programs.

Derp, you dont even realize that you helped my point.

There are a lack of truck drivers and other skilled labor “middle class” workers.

Meanwhile there is a glut of college graduates and a shortage of college jobs...

Yet you want to give everyone free college....

The logic is dumb as fuck. We should be if we are going to offer free education, do so, in the middle class skilled labor trades. We dont do that

The US is experiencing a widespread worker shortage. Here’s why.

So there are a “lack of truck drivers” and ive shown a lack of a worker pool for these middle class jobs.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Derp, you dont even realize that you helped my point.

There are a lack of truck drivers and other skilled labor “middle class” workers.

Meanwhile there is a glut of college graduates and a shortage of college jobs...

Yet you want to give everyone free college....

The logic is dumb as fuck. We should be if we are going to offer free education, do so, in the middle class skilled labor trades. We dont do that

The US is experiencing a widespread worker shortage. Here’s why.

So there are a “lack of truck drivers” and ive shown a lack of a worker pool for these middle class jobs.
Pursuing education for its own sake is well worth the effort. I secured a degree in Electrical Engineering and made good money after doing so, but I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy until I had a stroke, moved to Oregon and became a wildland firefighter though I made much less, and the only way I could suffer such an indignity, be happier making less, was by educating myself: Walden Pond was instrumental as well as Candide by Voltaire.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Pursuing education for its own sake is well worth the effort. I secured a degree in Electrical Engineering and made good money after doing so, but I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy until I had a stroke, moved to Oregon and became a wildland firefighter though I made much less, and the only way I could suffer such an indignity, be happier making less, was by educating myself: Walden Pond was instrumental as well as Candide by Voltaire.

You survived a stroke? Damn....

Not sure of why you felt the need to tell me this or how it relates....

What you describe is self motivation.... not a government handout that wont help you in the future.....

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Current Events