Cable networks running out of storm visuals

Mar 2018
Florida
I will say it’s hard to see any big or traumatic event 24-7 on every network. But this storm has wiped out New Berne. I am still trying to hear from my cousin. Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington have sustained horrible damage which is far from over. We would have been in those places in two more days. I feel horrible for those people. We are so vulnerable from the wrath of nature.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I will say it’s hard to see any big or traumatic event 24-7 on every network. But this storm has wiped out New Berne. I am still trying to hear from my cousin. Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington have sustained horrible damage which is far from over. We would have been in those places in two more days. I feel horrible for those people. We are so vulnerable from the wrath of nature.
Yes...the rain and flooding will be the main problem from here on.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Yea no doubt about it. I saw New Bern in the news and it looked pretty bad over there with the flooding. I’m over here in Western NC playing the waiting game to see what Florence will do here. Time will tell.

I am always in awe of what Mother Nature can do.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
Appreciate. The good news for us is that we are pretty far up. We’re pretty much on the side of a mountain , so that water would have to get really high to get to us lol. However, mudslides in my area can be a concern. We’ve had a couple bad ones (mudslides) in May due to the massive rainstorms/ flooding.

Mar 2018
Florida
Appreciate. The good news for us is that we are pretty far up. We’re pretty much on the side of a mountain , so that water would have to get really high to get to us lol. However, mudslides in my area can be a concern. We’ve had a couple bad ones (mudslides) in May due to the massive rainstorms/ flooding.
Yes. I have heard about possible mudslides. Very scary. I know someone who lives on Beach mountain. She and her family traveled to Florida. Currently we are in Mass and had to delay our trip to travel back to Fl because of the storm. We do plan to leave on Friday. I am concerned about 26 east bringing us to so Ga and then to 95. And of course I am concerned about the people who are suffering. Again, stay safe.