California’s progressive ‘green jobs’ vision is a ‘total failure’

Apr 2011
Under your skin
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Three years after California voters passed a ballot measure to raise taxes on corporations and generate clean energy jobs by funding energy-efficiency projects in schools, barely one-tenth of the promised jobs have been created, and the state has no comprehensive list to show how much work has been done or how much energy has been saved.
Money is trickling in at a slower-than-anticipated rate, and more than half of the $297 million given to schools so far has gone to consultants and energy auditors. The board created to oversee the project and submit annual progress reports to the Legislature has never met, according to a review by The Associated Press.
Voters in 2012 approved the Clean Energy Jobs Act by a large margin, closing a tax loophole for multistate corporations. The Legislature decided to send half the money to fund clean energy projects in schools, promising to generate more than 11,000 jobs each year.
Instead, only 1,700 jobs have been created in three years, raising concerns about whether the money is accomplishing what voters were promised.

AP EXCLUSIVE: California measure fails to create green jobs

Didn't see that coming!

When will people learn that anytime you give the govt more revenue, it will inevitably waste it and demand more?

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
YOAR joking, right???
No, I'm not joking. California aside from suffering severe droughts, is a tax revenue cash-cow. They bring in so much money that a lot of it goes to red states that have tons of people on welfare.

One of the cool thongs about Medicare is that if you have trouble getting around, you get a free scooter.

I know, someone else has to pay for it, but hey....it's FREE!

MeBelle

Aug 2013
San Fran
No, I'm not joking. California aside from suffering severe droughts, is a tax revenue cash-cow. They bring in so much money that a lot of it goes to red states that have tons of people on welfare.

One of the cool thongs about Medicare is that if you have trouble getting around, you get a free scooter.

I know, someone else has to pay for it, but hey....it's FREE!
YOAR going to be crying, crying, crying...when I'm done with this topic.