California ammo background checks & restrictions now in effect.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Slowly, step by step, California wants to stop citizens from being able to exercise their right of self defense. The Dims want to do this nationally. The first step is always to take away gun rights (and those rights include ammunition).

Reactions: THOR
Jan 2007
I'm not a gun guy but I think the big point with this new law is that it requires checking on ammo purchase buyers and limits some purchasing quantity. The question seems to be can they create a state bureaucracy that can actually do it. Sounds doubtful but I doubt that's ever stopped any state spending.
Right now there is still a lot of confusion and retailers doing it their way.

Reactions: OlGuy
Jan 2007
Slowly, step by step, California wants to stop citizens from being able to exercise their right of self defense. The Dims want to do this nationally. The first step is always to take away gun rights (and those rights include ammunition).
Make owning a gun(s) such a hassle and an expense , law abiding people will get out of it . Leaving guns for the criminals. State by state will go the way of California.

Jun 2014
United States
Make owning a gun(s) such a hassle and an expense , law abiding people will get out of it . Leaving guns for the criminals. State by state will go the way of California.

Yeah... Just like what happened with automobiles when we started making people register them, be licensed to operate them and be insured for liability. That's exactly why our roadways are so empty these days. People just can't deal with all the hassle associated with owning a car.

Jan 2007
If they make cars illegal, only outlaws will have cars!!!
Driving around in a car really stands out. Forced gun safes, background checks on a box of ammo. Caught transporting, can't shoot anywhere, gun tax, or just go the way of England. Guns stored in authorized gun clubs only. The restrictions can be endless. Oh but we still have the 2nd amendment. Law abiding people follow gun laws, criminals not so much.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Go California!!!!

(considering only 1/3 of the entire population in the US owns guns)

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Run more citizens out of California. Authoritarians are in control in Sacramento.
We already have the strictest gun laws of any state btw.

Which I am very thankful for

I don't have to worry if I go to a school, a store, a restaurant or a church, that lots of people there will be carrying guns.