California School Official Defends Teaching Pedophilia as "A Sexual Orientation"

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
It's only a matter of time before the Left pushes to legalize pedophilia.

We hava ALL known this was coming for a long time now.
"Legalize pedophilia"? How? What EXACTLY do you envision? Reducing the age of consent to 6 months old?

From where I sit, it appears that conservatives protect child sexual abusers. In religious settings, in families, in scouting, in schools. They always seem to find an undeserving good reputation for one group or another matters more than the victim.

But I fear conservatives overvalue social institutions above actual humans all the time, not just as to crime.

Nov 2018
Maryland
I certainly don't think there should be a class on it, but I don't mind it being mentioned in passing. Knowledge is power. Knowing why some pedophiles do what they do might be useful. I don't believe in closeting our kids from the horrors of the world.
I don't have an issue with informing kids about pedophilia. And, if it's a parent or relative is abusing the child, the child should know how to report it.

Nov 2018
Maryland
"Legalize pedophilia"? How? What EXACTLY do you envision? Reducing the age of consent to 6 months old?

From where I sit, it appears that conservatives protect child sexual abusers. In religious settings, in families, in scouting, in schools. They always seem to find an undeserving good reputation for one group or another matters more than the victim.

But I fear conservatives overvalue social institutions above actual humans all the time, not just as to crime.
It wouldn't surprise me pedophilia will be normalized.

It shouldn't really be a conservative vs liberal issue. Any adult who takes advantage of a child should have to face consequences.

Nov 2018
Maryland
I believe in the same God and I believe he gave me the brain to recognize for myself what harms others and what does not.

God didn't create mindless drones to follow whatever they're told. He created inspired, intelligent beings and gave us eyes and ears and rationality.

I can see for myself the healthy, loving, positive relationships of same sex marriages I witness. I can see it.

Consenting adults living their lives with love and service.

There is no God I can imagines than doesn't smile on that. Regardless of man's rules.

"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."
Proverbs 14:12

Nov 2014
North Carolina
A few months ago, I predicted that the left will be looking to legitimize pedophilia. It's happening now.

California School Official Defends Teaching Pedophilia as “A Sexual Orientation”
April 19, 2019

Government school officials in California think it is “really important” to teach children about pedophilia and pederasty in the classroom because it is a “sexual orientation.” That is according to a top official for California’s Brea Olinda School District, who admitted to parents that it was being done — and that it would continue, despite the outrage. The implications are mind-blowing.

California School Official Defends Teaching Pedophilia as “A Sexual Orientation”
In all honesty, Pedophilia is a sexual orientation. Some people - be it their genetic make or what ever causes it - are sexually attracted to young children. It sucks for them - sucks even more for their victims - and is just a sad situation all around. The best thing we can do is lock these people up when they act on their sexual impulses.

I don't believe this is an appropriate subject matter for classrooms though. Their job is teach life skills such as math, reading, arithmetic etc. But this is California we are talking about so...

That state is so deranged there is literally no telling what goes on in their schools.

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
I
Show me a link from a legitimate media source that backs up this story, than I'll believe it.
I was thinking the same exact thing. But that created a dilemma.
What is a 'legitimate" news source these days?

We just went through 2-3 years of CNN and MSNBC, (with help from ACB, CBS, and NBC), claiming that our elected President was a Russian spy that maybe he pissed on a Russian prostitute and got pissed on in return. So now what is a legitimate news source?

A few months ago we saw the same so-called "legitimate" news sources slander a noted jurist with completely unfounded and now recanted claims

So, now, these legitimate sources are complaining that their own reporters lives are in danger; that the attacks on the Press threaten our nation; and the world will come to an end if we don't believe everything that they are ordered to tell us by their liberal bosses!

Being that this is California and that the Man-boy love groups and Islamic societies would love to have a green light to start screwing kids and marrying 6 year old girls; I automatically tend to think it is true until I can confirm that the story is false. But that would also mean that I would have to believe that Notre Dame burning down was an accident too even though Islamic vandals have already damaged almost 500 churches and Jewish temples in France during the last year.

Oh, what a world we live in!
Here in Texas if a parent catches a pedo in the act; he probably just vanishes or gets the shit beat out of him. Both things have happened.
That same legitimate press would brand the home-grown "punisher" a murderer or a gun nut.

I will consider him or her a personification of Lady Justice only without the blindfold and maybe carrying a gun.
BTW- the Latin name for Lady Justice is lustitia.
Some kind of irony at work there,

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
I believe in the same God and I believe he gave me the brain to recognize for myself what harms others and what does not.

God didn't create mindless drones to follow whatever they're told. He created inspired, intelligent beings and gave us eyes and ears and rationality.

I can see for myself the healthy, loving, positive relationships of same sex marriages I witness. I can see it.

Consenting adults living their lives with love and service.

There is no God I can imagines than doesn't smile on that. Regardless of man's rules.
Well said.

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
i am saying that once that door opened there is no shutting it again. Everyone got on board with gay rights. Then came the rest of them hooking on to the lets all except everyone sexuality and gender.

LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual ) They have just about everyone there covered.... why not open their arms and except another sexuality? It is after all very discriminatory of the "discriminated against" to not accept them, dont you think? Same way it is for all of the cheerleaders of anything goes to discriminate against just another sexuality dont you think?

all i am doing is pointing out the hypocrisy.

[...] I am all for discriminating against anything that harms others..... and consent. I dont give a rats ass about moral or immoral.
You and I don’t agree very often, I don’t believe. So I guess it behooves me to note that in this case, we do. The likelihood and probable seriousness of harmful consequences should be the main criteria we use to decide whether or not this or that sexual behavior merits condemnation and especially legal proscription. Just as the presence of mutual benefit should be the main criterion we use to evaluate the ethics of this or that sexual relationship. Too many folks who like to think of themselves as fair and progressive say they believe in those standards, but they don’t fully or fairly apply them. It’s hypocritical, I agree.

Of course, most critics who raise that objection do so in bad faith because on the whole they aren’t free thinkers who are concerned about correcting inequities. Rather, they’re more often reactionaries who are mainly interested in attacking those whom they see as their “anything goes” foes by whatever means are expedient. So there’s that.

By the way, that’s an observation and not an attack; I’m not seeking here to imply anything about your motives in raising this objection. I’m only pointing out that some “progressives” are going to be touchy about this because it hits a little too close to home for comfort and because it’s usually perceived as an unfair and dishonest gambit.

Cheers.