California School Official Defends Teaching Pedophilia as "A Sexual Orientation"

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
Maybe MOST pedophiles are super-human and suppress their sexual desires? Wonder why so many go to countries where it's legal to fuck children then.
Wow, do you really think that refraining from indulging one’s sexual appetites in a particular way necessarily requires "superhuman" strength and resolve? After all, pretty much every culture has a long history of individuals abstaining from sexual relations for various reasons, often spiritual. Not everyone can do it, Lord knows, but many can. In any case it hardly seems well nigh impossible to do, as you appear to be implying here.

Let me put it this way: Suppose you found yourself in a situation in which you were sure that your only choices were either to abstain from sexual contact with the object of your desire or else cause significant and maybe permanent harm to that person – and in so doing put yourself at significant risk as well. Given that certainty, do you think you’d be able to control your urges or would you give in and indulge yourself?

I like to think you’d find a way to control yourself, as most people would and do. Not all, certainly, but most...

Actual numbers – and the analysis of those numbers – can be very informative. For example, researchers estimate that the average person in the U.S. knows, as in knows the name of and is at least somewhat acquainted with, somewhere in the range of 300 to 600 other individuals. Estimating the true incidence of pedophilia is rather more difficult; the best answer seems to be “under 5% of the population.” Most researchers seem to have settled on between 1 to 2%. Let’s be conservative and put the number at 0.5% Among other things, these numbers tell us that, odds are, you know at least one person who experiences significant attraction to children, maybe two or three. We all do.

So, do you know anyone who runs off to Thailand, say, a few times a year for a quick get away? Anyone who disappears but no one knows where they go…? I don’t. Of course there’s a lot I don’t know about most of the people I know. But I gotta say, none of my friends or acquaintances stands out as an obvious candidate.

And that’s the point.

Cheers.

Nov 2008
Washington state
And so it starts. Pedophiles will become a protected group and anyone that disagrees with that idea will be a bigot. I doubt it will happen totally unless there is a radical Democrat President that pushes that idea. Maybe Joe Biden, he's good about suggesting protections for immoral groups

May 2016
california
Hard to hear but she didn't have time in the public forum to go to an in-depth answer. Dershowitzs comments about lowering the age of consent to 14 could be showing a trend I suppose.

Mar 2019
On a drive-by
A few months ago, I predicted that the left will be looking to legitimize pedophilia. It's happening now.

California School Official Defends Teaching Pedophilia as “A Sexual Orientation”
April 19, 2019

Government school officials in California think it is “really important” to teach children about pedophilia and pederasty in the classroom because it is a “sexual orientation.” That is according to a top official for California’s Brea Olinda School District, who admitted to parents that it was being done — and that it would continue, despite the outrage. The implications are mind-blowing.

California School Official Defends Teaching Pedophilia as “A Sexual Orientation”
The best way to deal with a pedophile would be a bullet to the back of the head.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
No one likes pedos.
The idea that some "normalization" process is afoot is nutty.
Protected class? Nonsense. We treat pedos worse than murderers.
My nephew was prosecuted and convicted of having sex with his teenage girlfriend when he was 17 (since he was close to his 18th birthday they charged him as an adult). The "victim's" mother testified on his behalf but didn't make a difference.
That was 20 years ago but he still has to register as a sex offender everytime he moves and is limited in places he can legally go. When he first got out of jail he couldn't even visit his underage sisters.
I think he'd get a kick outa this thread.