California Senate Approves Expansion of ‘Red Flag’ Gun Law

Mar 2019
Texas
Employers, co-workers and teachers could ask judges to take away guns from people who are deemed a danger to themselves or others under a bill that has cleared the California Senate.

California enacted a so-called “red flag law” that took effect in 2016. But it only allows law enforcement and immediate family members to ask judges for gun restraining orders. Assembly Bill 61 by Democratic Assemblyman Phil Ting of San Francisco would expand that law.

California Senate Approves Expansion of ‘Red Flag’ Gun Law

Sounds like a fool-proof plan that will absolutely not be abused or cause further problems of any kind.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Cuz there's no chance of someone turning in another person because they are angry at them.

Liberals are such good little Nazis. Hitler would be proud of them
Wow, deep thoughts right there, comparing liberals to Nazi's.

Reactions: OldGaffer

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I would have to read the bill before I could comment.

May 2012
By the wall
Didn't we do something like this before back in the 50's?

That didn't turn out so well.

Mar 2019
Texas
I would have to read the bill before I could comment.

Here you go

Bill Text - AB-61 Gun violence restraining orders.

I am just a CPA, not a high and mighty lawyer, but as I read it, the bill would allow a person's employer or coworker to call the authorities if they think they pose a risk to someone.

This is very subjective considering the mindset of many people these days and opens the door to the possibility of false accusations.

I imagine you will disagree irregardless.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Here you go

Bill Text - AB-61 Gun violence restraining orders.

I am just a CPA, not a high and mighty lawyer, but as I read it, the bill would allow a person's employer or coworker to call the authorities if they think they pose a risk to someone.

This is very subjective considering the mindset of many people these days and opens the door to the possibility of false accusations.

I imagine you will disagree irregardless.
Got that right.