California to shut down private prisons and immigrant detention centers

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
There is one little factor that CA forgets.. the Detention facilities are not state properties they are Federal.

Mar 2010
Indiana
There is one little factor that CA forgets.. the Detention facilities are not state properties they are Federal.
Wrong as always. They are forbidding the operation of PRIVATE FACILITIES contracted by the federal government to hold migrants in California starting next year, or whenever their current contracts expire.

You really should actually inform yourself before you shoot your mouth off and prove your ignorance.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Wrong as always. They are forbidding the operation of PRIVATE FACILITIES contracted by the federal government to hold migrants in California starting next year, or whenever their current contracts expire.

You really should actually inform yourself before you shoot your mouth off and prove your ignorance.

So, you mean that A State can close down a NATIONAL PARK at anytime for any reason?

No, Because the parK IS FEDEREAL NOT STATE

federal trumps state (no pun intended)

They are not operating it in the state, they are operating it on FEDERAL PROPLERTY not state

Mar 2019
TN
Hey for $775 dollars a day I’ll take ten detainees. I’ll provide them with three meals a day. A comfortable bed. Access to a laundry so they can wash sheets and clothes. I’ll provide deodorant and feminine needs. I’ll take them to and from court hearings. I’ll let them keep their children with them and even throw in internet access and satellite tv.

Where do I sign up ???

Reactions: EnigmaO01
Mar 2010
Indiana
So, you mean that A State can close down a NATIONAL PARK at anytime for any reason?

No, Because the parK IS FEDEREAL NOT STATE

federal trumps state (no pun intended)

They are not operating it in the state, they are operating it on FEDERAL PROPLERTY not state
What a stupid answer. I mean really. Did you miss the part about PRIVATE FACILITIES? My God I put it in all caps and enlarged the font and you still missed it?

Last I knew a National Park is hardly private.

Last edited:

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
What a stupid answer. I mean really. Did you miss the part about PRIVATE FACILITIES? My God I put it in all caps and enlarged the font and you still missed it?

Last I knew a National Park is hardly private.
We will see want we.