California turning Liberals into Republicans on one issue (Mandatory Vaccinations)

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Polio was eliminated by a vaccine. I remember iron lungs and the children living, ha ha, inside them. Measles also was fairly rampant as a child and now there is almost none except for the unvaccinated who propagate the disease. I have been vaccinated and know all my school friends were back in the early 50's. No one died and no one got mentally retarded from them. I support mandatory vaccination!!
Me too. Anyone who disagrees can HomeSchool. I don't like most Gov't programs ,but THIS one concerns protecting kids from foul diseases.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Me too. Anyone who disagrees can HomeSchool. I don't like most Gov't programs ,but THIS one concerns protecting kids from foul diseases.
As long as we can do that. But it looks to me like California has that in their sights too.

Sep 2012
California
I seem to recall that vaccinations were mandatory when we were kids. In fact, they gave some of them out at school. The way back machine tells me that once Salk perfected the polio vaccine, every kid in the country was forced to get a vaccine. Funny how it stopped polio, must have been a liberal conspiracy to deprive the rights of parents to raise kids with polio.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I seem to recall that vaccinations were mandatory when we were kids. In fact, they gave some of them out at school. The way back machine tells me that once Salk perfected the polio vaccine, every kid in the country was forced to get a vaccine. Funny how it stopped polio, must have been a liberal conspiracy to deprive the rights of parents to raise kids with polio.
Vaccine History: Developments by Year | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

By the mid-1980s, seven vaccines were available: diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles,mumps, rubella and polio. Because six of these vaccines were combined into two shots (DTP and MMR), and one, the polio vaccine, was given by mouth, children received five shots by the time they were 2 years old and not more than one shot at a single visit.

Since the mid-1980s, many vaccines have been added to the schedule. The result is that the vaccine schedule has become more complicated than it once was, and children are receiving far more shots than before (see Vaccine Safety for answers to the questions: "Are vaccines safe?"; “Do vaccines weaken the immune system?” and more). Now, children could receive as many as 27 shots by 2 years of age and five shots in a single visit.
I think it's worth looking at the schedule, and the combination of all of these things that they want to inject in a tiny body all at once. Folks want to compare the present against the 50s or 60s when kids got far less of this shit. If the schedule today, was the same as it was then, I bet you would not nearly see the sort of questioning vaccines are facing now.

Reactions: ripskater

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
As long as we can do that. But it looks to me like California has that in their sights too.

I don't see how they could enforce that with homeschooling

I get that a small percentage of kids, for medical reasons, should not have to be vaccinated.

But unless they have a serious medical issue - I just don't see how not getting vaccines is a good choice.

Especially if kids with a serious medical issue are exposed to say, the measles.

Reactions: Kontrary and HCProf

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Vaccine History: Developments by Year | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

I think it's worth looking at the schedule, and the combination of all of these things that they want to inject in a tiny body all at once. Folks want to compare the present against the 50s or 60s when kids got far less of this shit. If the schedule today, was the same as it was then, I bet you would not nearly see the sort of questioning vaccines are facing now.

I do know a lot of parents are now opting to space out the time between vaccines.

I do hope by now that people do know that vaccines do not cause Autism btw :)

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I can see the idea of mandatory vaccinations being a deal breaker issue for some.

Interesting how it is "my body my choice" unless it's "vaccine companies made deals with government for liability protection, but not enough people are opting in, so fuck their choice, people gotta get paid."

As for the reason California is seeming an increased rate of disease; when you have cities with a "poop map" there are bacteria and viruses that can find its way there and when the poop dries makes it airborne.

Add in rats infesting some cities, rats have fleas that can have plague, their feces can become airborne and cause a lot of issues.

Fix those types of issues and the need for vaccines drops considerably. They don't have vaccines for those medieval diseases because they know how people don't get those things anymore... Third world countries at least have that much taken care of, it's a regression of standards.