California turning Liberals into Republicans on one issue (Mandatory Vaccinations)

Dec 2018
Florida
Each person has the right to refuse what any government might want to inject into their body.
That’s fine. But we as a society don’t have to choose to accept you if you do. There is no good reason beyond a LEGITIMATE medical concern to actually not vaccinate. All evidence points to the opposite in fact. Small pox, polio, MMR...all dropped off to nearly unheard of cases within 1-5 years of their vaccines release.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Dec 2018
Florida
There are some legit reasons for not getting vaccinated btw.

Seems to me the entire anti-vax thing started with the Autism "thing"

Now THAT was wacky.
There is a small section of society that does have a legitimate medical reason due to things like pre-existing issues or allergies. Yes. Beyond that? No good reason.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
That’s fine. But we as a society don’t have to choose to accept you if you do. There is no good reason beyond a LEGITIMATE medical concern to actually not vaccinate. All evidence points to the opposite in fact. Small pox, polio, MMR...all dropped off to nearly unheard of cases within 1-5 years of their vaccines release.
There are Christian religious reasons as well. Some vaccines contain material from aborted babies. And some Christians like myself don’t think God is happy with that.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
There would have to be an exemption for children who have medical conditions and pediatricians advised parents not to vaccinate. We need to preserve herd immunity to protect children who cannot receive vaccines for various reasons. The problem is, people are choosing not to vaccinate without valid reasons and herd immunity is breaking down. If it falls under 90%, epidemics can break out.
I have seen several advocates though who feel even most medical exemptions should be done away with also. One spoke about children who go into anaphylactic shock or are allergic and he said they can do it in a medical setting and administer an epi pen. That seems a bit too far. But I keep hearing that some doctors will easily write a medical exemption.

Sep 2012
California
I disagree. Forcibly injecting citizens with vaccines is wrong.
As I said, it can be justified by the state protecting other people from your disease or protecting you from your own parents or ignorance. You should not have the right to let your child be exposed to life threatening diseases because you are a moron.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
As I said, it can be justified by the state protecting other people from your disease or protecting you from your own parents or ignorance. You should not have the right to let your child be exposed to life threatening diseases because you are a moron.
Then don’t travel out of the country and don’t allow immigrants