Calling on all teens and adults against guns to give up violent video games and TV.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I think a movement needs to be made. Lets see how serious the anti-gunner kids and adults really are. if you are against guns, give up your assasins creeds, your call of duty games, your violent tv programs showing gun violence.

Immediately with your dollars not watch or partake in anything depicting or showing gun violence!!!!!

Who's down?

Jan 2016
Colorado
There is NO evidence of ANY linkage between playing violent video games, or between watching violent movies, and engaging in violent acts. After all, teenagers and adults in such places as Japan and South Korea consume such entertainment to an even greater extent than their peers in America, and those societies have an almost complete absence of gun violence.

This is a red herring.

Reactions: 5 people

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
There is NO evidence of ANY linkage between playing violent video games, or between watching violent movies, and engaging in violent acts. After all, teenagers and adults in such places as Japan and South Korea consume such entertainment to an even greater extent than their peers in America, and those societies have an almost complete absence of gun violence.

This is a red herring.

no a red herring is your argument about a link.

if you hate gun violence, why would you support media that glorifies it?

regardless on whether or not there is a link. Why do you like to pretend or why do you like watching people shoot each other with guns in media?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I think a movement needs to be made. Lets see how serious the anti-gunner kids and adults really are. if you are against guns, give up your assasins creeds, your call of duty games, your violent tv programs showing gun violence.

Immediately with your dollars not watch or partake in anything depicting or showing gun violence!!!!!

Who's down?
I'm calling on all Republicans to give up broccoli.

I'm calling on all girls to give up hopscotch.

I'm calling on all cats to give up string.

I'm all for pointless call outs.

Reactions: 8 people
Jun 2010
Ohio

This is a red herring.
True. Of course that Hillary and many others disagree with you merely proves what fools she and they are.

Which is why you miss the point.

Banning violent shooter games is as pointless and meaningless as the gun control proposals by the protesters and left wingers.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal

regardless on whether or not there is a link. Why do you like to pretend or why do you like watching people shoot each other with guns in media?
Some people can tell fiction from real life.

Reactions: 3 people
Jan 2016
Colorado

I don't play video-games at all----I prefer chess. And I tend to avoid the uber-violent movies, the gory slasher movies, and the like. I prefer movies with a plot. But this isn't about ME. It is about what POLICIES would actually WORK to reduce gun violence in our society.

Manifestly, you are not actually interested in THAT.

Reactions: 2 people

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I'm calling on all Republicans to give up broccoli.

I'm calling on all girls to give up hopscotch.

I'm calling on all cats to give up string.

I'm all for pointless call outs.

What? not pointless at all. often pro-2nd people are lambasted as wanting to live out a fantasy with guns. I'm calling on people who actually do such in games such as call of duty and whatever movies and tv shows they watch that glorify gun violence to talk the talk.

If you are against gun violence, why get joy from watching or engaging in fantasies on it.

Isn't it even slightly hypocritical to call for the banning of the ar-15 but play games like call of duty which glorifies the horrrors they claim to want to stop?

Reactions: 1 person

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I don't play video-games at all----I prefer chess. And I tend to avoid the uber-violent movies, the gory slasher movies, and the like. I prefer movies with a plot. But this isn't about ME. It is about what POLICIES would actually WORK to reduce gun violence in our society.

Manifestly, you are not actually interested in THAT.

I hate repeating myself. I've posted where I would compromise. banning, confiscation isn't one of them however. but this thread is not about that. it's about the hypocrisy of decrying wonton gun violence while taking pleasure in playing games or watching media that glorifies it.

Jan 2016
Colorado
What? not pointless at all. often pro-2nd people are lambasted as wanting to live out a fantasy with guns. I'm calling on people who actually do such in games such as call of duty and whatever movies and tv shows they watch that glorify gun violence to talk the talk.

If you are against gun violence, why get joy from watching or engaging in fantasies on it.

Isn't it even slightly hypocritical to call for the banning of the ar-15 but play games like call of duty which glorifies the horrrors they claim to want to stop?
No. This is precisely as dumb as saying if you are against rape, you should stop reading romance novels.

Reactions: 5 people