Can a political ideology be a mental disorder?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Really anyone with any politics can be mentally ill. But I do think many people on the left now have a depraved mind talked about in Romans 1. Just because of all the evil they support.
Reliance upon your religion does not justify a claim of mental illness in those of a different religion - or politics. That is simply ridiculous.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Reliance upon your religion does not justify a claim of mental illness in those of a different religion - or politics. That is simply ridiculous.
It's almost like that line of thinking could be considered a mental disorder if someone obsesses about the same thing day after day.

Jun 2014
United States
Can a political ideology be a mental disorder?

I think it would be more appropriate to say that certain political ideologies may be symptomatic of an underlying mental disorder. I wouldn't go so far as to say that this assertion applies only to right-wing extremism, as embracing extreme left-wing ideology could also be symptomatic of an underlying mental illness.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
It was from Obama. When Obama invited Ahmed to bring his fake bomb to the White House. And Ahmed actually came and visited Obama after he hoaxed his teachers, community, school and law enforcement with a fake bomb.